The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 34351525354 LastLast

Thread: Speaking of Global Warming

Gerry......you keep messing up their story with 'inconvenient facts'.....! Something the Lib's prefer not to deal with. No contradicting facts allowed....don't you know?

Blackfoot's Tide is Right Pistor
    Cacao Yates
    CD RE CGC CPE L-3

Facts are the facts... the ice caps are melting... when that happens it gets cooler in other places as the cold air drops down over the continents.. it may all, balance out, but only after an ICE AGE... as has happened in the Earth's past..

Drop an ice cube in a glass of water... it melts... but as it does the water cools... there is a lot going on in these climate change articles everyone quotes..

Why it is happening is up for debate... but it is happening. Man most likely can't stop it anyway... it's bigger then us.
    I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot. ..... Elmer Keith

Quote Originally Posted by .44 magnum View Post
    Facts are the facts... the ice caps are melting... when that happens it gets cooler in other places as the cold air drops down over the continents.. it may all, balance out, but only after an ICE AGE... as has happened in the Earth's past..

Drop an ice cube in a glass of water... it melts... but as it does the water cools... there is a lot going on in these climate change articles everyone quotes..

Why it is happening is up for debate... but it is happening. Man most likely can't stop it anyway... it's bigger then us.
    Nothing is bigger than Washington D.C.!!!
    Stan b & Elvis

A recent good article for you 'believers in Global Warming'....

The Telegraph
    By Christopher Booker
    4:04PM BST 21 Jun 2014

The scandal of fiddled global warming data
    The US has actually been cooling since the Thirties, the hottest decade on record

“When I first began examining the global-warming scare, I found nothing more puzzling than the way officially approved scientists kept on being shown to have finagled their data, as in that ludicrous “hockey stick” graph, pretending to prove that the world had suddenly become much hotter than at any time in 1,000 years. Any theory needing to rely so consistently on fudging the evidence, I concluded, must be looked on not as science at all, but as simply a rather alarming case study in the aberrations of group psychology.”

Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    Appears the N & S poles were cooler than average. Maybe we are back to building up ice and the oceans will be receding.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    More telling from a statistical perspective is this detail from the same article, which may not have been read by some.

"It also marked the 39th consecutive May and 351st consecutive month with a global temperature above the 20th century average."
    power without lumber, raciness without weediness

A big man never looks down on others.... instead, he is someone to look up to.

Quote Originally Posted by blind ambition View Post
    More telling from a statistical perspective is this detail from the same article, which may not have been read by some.

"It also marked the 39th consecutive May and 351st consecutive month with a global temperature above the 20th century average."
    That is almost 30 years or 1984. Are you visiting Colorado?

We couldn't have even had true temperature reading, no one had been there, at the South Pole until the mid 20's.

Still disagreement on if Perry was actually the first to reach the north.

Just with these 2 examples how did they arrive at their true average. BTW I didn't read the article but just logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Storts View Post
    That is almost 30 years or 1984. Are you visiting Colorado?

We couldn't have even had true temperature reading, no one had been there, at the South Pole until the mid 20's.

Still disagreement on if Perry was actually the first to reach the north.

Just with these 2 examples how did they arrive at their true average. BTW I didn't read the article but just logic.

I hate to present you with an inconvenient fact (as swampy might say):

http://www.theguardian.com/theguardi...sen-south-pole

poking the bear regards, Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.