The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 8 of 54 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 540

Thread: Speaking of Global Warming

  1. #71
    Senior Member swampcollielover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    1,917

    Default

    JD...the guy seems to have a one track mind....Poopy! Possible he if full of the stuff! But does confirm his liberal thinking doesn't...

  2. #72
    Senior Member JDogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    MRGV New Mexico
    Posts
    3,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    JD...the guy seems to have a one track mind....Poopy! Possible he if full of the stuff! But does confirm his liberal thinking doesn't...
    Did you pass out in mid sentence? Everyone here knows I spend time with my Uncle Jack. I freely admit it. I seldom post in the daytime when I am at work. In the evening I enjoy bantering with some of you all. I take very little on PP seriously, including my own posts. Am I full of poop? No more nor less than others...JD

    PS, FWIW.... I consider "liberal", and "secular progressive" a compliment without the negative connotations that are implied. JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

  3. #73
    Senior Member coachmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    893

    Default

    I believe that negative connotations are inherent of the liberal and secular progressive movement not implied.

  4. #74
    Senior Member JDogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    MRGV New Mexico
    Posts
    3,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coachmo View Post
    I believe that negative connotations are inherent of the liberal and secular progressive movement not implied.
    Poopy is as poopy does...Curious now, are you a coach? If so, what do you coach? Serious question. Serious reply expected. JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

  5. #75
    Senior Member coachmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    893

    Default

    I was a high school head baseball and asst. football coach for 15 years. I had the privilege of working with some outstanding young athletes and coaches during my tenure. I took a great deal of pride in coaching and always viewed the opportunity to coach as "special". I no longer coach but satisfy my competitive itch with retrievers since I now have the time. Thanks for asking!

  6. #76
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Detroit Lakes, MN
    Posts
    1,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Henry V, just curious...you seem to be real good at cut and pasting data and then telling us what it means...what qualifies you to read and understand this data? I smell a "low information" voter...
    Right, so, I am the only one actually presenting data to support the case for climate change and I am the only one being called out for credentials. My credentials would not help no matter what they are, would they?. The record for most engaged in this thread is clear and consistent - do not present any data and only make the unsubstantiated argument that "the climate changes and it can't be our fault since it happened before". You will attack the messenger whether that messenger is me or the national academies of science (http://nas-sites.org/americasclimatechoices/) or 90+% of the climate scientists in the world.

    What qualifies you to say that climate change is not happening as a a result of increases in anthropogenic CO2 and can you cut and paste and interpret some data to support your theory?

  7. #77
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Detroit Lakes, MN
    Posts
    1,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    I smell a guy who makes his living doing this charade - Henry does know the "buzzphrases", but being typical of that breed, refuses to remove his blinders.
    LMFAO. Sorry Marvin, I will try to do better and emulate posts like the one you made to start this topic (did you forget your meds that day?), or maybe I should say something like you did in post #40 suggesting it is about all about the money and then present no evidence (let's see, the scientists are in it for the money but the oil and coal companies are not, is that your argument? Those darn evil rich scientists, I bet they belong to unions too!). Maybe I should resort to continually changing what I say when called on it and resort to personal attacks like some others here. I'll try to do better and meet the high standards demonstrated by most in this thread.

  8. #78
    Senior Member Uncle Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Posts
    4,289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    LMFAO. Sorry Marvin, I will try to do better and emulate posts like the one you made to start this topic (did you forget your meds that day?), or maybe I should say something like you did in post #40 suggesting it is about all about the money and then present no evidence (let's see, the scientists are in it for the money but the oil and coal companies are not, is that your argument? Those darn evil rich scientists, I bet they belong to unions too!). Maybe I should resort to continually changing what I say when called on it and resort to personal attacks like some others here. I'll try to do better and meet the high standards demonstrated by most in this thread.

    Put your money where your mouth is Henry...How much have you donated to the cause you have become so hoodwinked into? Are you giving regularly to the Algore retirement fund? Is it ALL tax deductible?

    Please don't tell me you haven't become a regular tither to that all important cause. FWIW, I don't think it's going well. Has Algore sent any funds to build up the shoreline on DL? Better move to higher ground...can't be safe in the land of 10 thousand lakes. Ever consider moving to the Rockies? Their government is right up your alley, and becoming more liberal all the time. You'd be a welcome advocate of everything Democrat. Might even want to join in the new gun control movement.

    UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

  9. #79
    Senior Member coachmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    893

    Default

    Henry, isn't it that some of the scientists say global warming is a real threat while others do not? You believe the ones that are on the global warming bandwagon supported and promoted by the likes of Gore. So the scientists that work for oil, gas and coal companies are really the evil ones.

  10. #80
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Detroit Lakes, MN
    Posts
    1,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    blah, blah, blah..since I have nothing to cut a paste... I have nothing to add to this discussion...blah, blah ... so I will just try to divert the topic... blah, blah.. oops I forgot to say something about the weather...
    UB
    No worries UB. Folks in my state continue to sudsidize yours. Is SD number 1, 2, or 3 in now in dependency on federal taxes?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •