The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 9 of 45 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Speaking of Global Warming

Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    No worries UB. Folks in my state continue to sudsidize yours. Is SD number 1, 2, or 3 in now in dependency on federal taxes?
    They have enough beer...
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    LMFAO. Sorry Marvin, I will try to do better and emulate posts like the one you made to start this topic (did you forget your meds that day?), or maybe I should say something like you did in post #40 suggesting it is about all about the money and then present no evidence (let's see, the scientists are in it for the money but the oil and coal companies are not, is that your argument? Those darn evil rich scientists, I bet they belong to unions too!). Maybe I should resort to continually changing what I say when called on it and resort to personal attacks like some others here. I'll try to do better and meet the high standards demonstrated by most in this thread.
    I really expected something more advanced, like a cut & paste of how all those folks who believe in GW are doing it for the money - but if I were to put my money on someone being accurate I would go with the Oil companies, the coal guys not so much so, but I don't care if you freeze your *zz off, I've got wood. But I'll pass this on partially from a Smithsonian article, June 2013 - Page 14

Quote Originally Posted by brianfagan
    Safe Harbors - As you contemplate the likelihood of sea level rise, consider that just 20,000 years ago - a snap of the fingers in geologic time & within the span of human existence - the North Sea didn't even exist. Global sea levels were as much as 400 feet lower than today.

This vast expanse, known as Doggerland, was a paradise for human hunters (perhaps up to 10,000 or more), who caught fish & fowl & gathered plants. During the time of change, residents of Doggerland must have engaged in an intricate minuet with an ocean lapping at their doorsteps, says vincent Gaffney, an archaeologist at the U of Birmingham, in England. Who has mapped the landscape under the North Sea (probably compensated by one of those oil companies ).
    It also says that if all the ice on the planet were to melt, sea level would only rise 264 feet - we live at about 740' so are not concerned. Think of how good the fishing would be!!!!!!

& are you familiar with Lake Missoula? it's a fairly recent issue & the scientific world is still making initial discoveries regarding it's role in creating the scablands in WA - sort of how all the potholes & lakes were created in the Dakota's & loonyland . I'm familiar enough with core samples being withdrawn in the wrong area to know they are only as good as the homogenity of where they were withdrawn.

Info is where you find it - read the bee thread - I've been neutral on GMO, but a poster says getting your hives too close to GMO corn will kill your bees along with getting you a nice lawsuit from Monsanto - I sense both a property rights thing here & a serious issue with what's in this corn - but right now it makes me come down on the side of the loonies who've been carrying the anti GMO signs . But I also know there have been tremendous advances in seeds - what is GMO & what is evolution I'm not qualified to have an opinion, but would like to read more when it is available.

Remember Henry - you're the smart guy, you've read all the cut & paste articles you post - your inputs are held to a higher standard than the common folks like myself - If you lower your standards, you've failed your cause.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Henry V....I grow tired of your babble and the so called scientific "data". Like most Liberal Progressives, you only read what you want to read, hear what you want to hear and believe what you want to believe...therefore my time is wasted with you!

From American Thinker. The author:
    Norman Rogers, educated as a physicist, is a retired computer entrepreneur, a volunteer senior policy advisor at the Heartland Institute, and a member of the American Geophysical Union and of the American Meteorological Society. He maintains a website.

This author cites Cato Institute
    The global warming bureaucrats have entangled critics in a mushy science blob, but the blob has been refuted in considerable scientific detail by a 133-page CATO institute document.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/...#ixzz2UvgB58L1

However, major contradictions are given little attention or ignored. The models are unable to explain the climate history of the 20th century, even when "calibrated" with speculative inputs. For example, the considerable warming trend in the early 20th century, from 1910 to 1940, has never been definitively explained. It wasn't due to increasing CO2, because CO2 was barely increasing during that era. The only warming trend that could be plausibly blamed on CO2 was the 1970-1998 warming, but that warming stopped 16 years ago, even though CO2 concentrations in the atmosphere continued to increase rapidly. Even scientifically literate people mistakenly assume that climate scientists must be disinterested and know what they are talking about.

The climate bureaucracy depends on the continuing global warming scare for its existence, and those familiar with the ways of government agencies know that a bureaucracy whose existence depends on a problem will always exaggerate the importance of the problem.

G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

You say man can not control climate?!what about farmers planting corn and that same corn produces humidity which in turns produces rain? I'm from the Midwest and every July and August we suffere from very high humidity levels due to this man made phenomenon. Hard to argue facts people wake up,or did God plant the corn.
    Matt Misar ,Misarskennels.com

http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/...evel_rise.html
    Interesting analysis about global warming as related to sea levels.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    First of all you would have to be dumb enough to believe that what we do here in the US is enough to effect the atmosphere when China, India, and most of the rest of the world could give a crap about our touchy feely desire to save the planet.

We didn't create the planet and we don't have the power to destroy it with our cars and deodorant. That's just earth day pap. I don't buy into any of that nonsense.

For some reason libs that want to save the earth measure time in terms of their own lives. The earth has been here and doing fine much longer and will be here much longer than all of us. The century (or less) that most of us are here is not even a drop in the bucket.
    It doesn't really matter how long the earth is been around and doing fine, What's important is how long it has been inhabitable by humans. By time standards that also is just a drop in the bucket in the big scheme of things.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Fr...search_Program

We don't need a solution for non exsistant issue. It's called time. We are in a cooling period now. Man cannot control the atmosphere no matter how hard he may try.
    Thats not so true any more Bill.
    Now they can bend the jet stream changing the direction of the natural flow. Along with seeding,,it makes for a big change in certain area's. Some places are coo;er,,hotter,,wetter,,drier because of it. They government and military will tell you different than the geo scientist whistle blowers i'm sure.
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syvQkviPdDE

This happens almost every day over my house when there is a high pressure system. As they day goes on these trails become wider. After about 20 or so of these at late after noon it is hazy out. These are not con trails. or condensation . The ingredients they say are aluminum oxide,,,barium,,and strontium. The tecnology for this was sold by GE to the military to avoid lawsuits.

Any way seldom do we ever see a clear blue sky any more.

Oh and by the way,,,I don't trust the government. I think I trust the chineese government about as much as ours ,,,, I know pitiful
    Pete
    Last edited by Pete; 06-07-2013 at 08:19 AM.
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

More VooDoo science for the head in the sand crowd:

Study shows greenhouse gases near levels considered highly dangerous

By Neela Banerjee

Chicago Tribune

WASHINGTON — Emissions of heattrapping greenhouse gases are growing at such a rate that the world likely will exceed a safe limit in average global temperatures by the end of the century and veer into a higher temperature zone that would profoundly damage economic growth and most other aspects of life, according to a new report by the International Energy Agency.

Emissions of greenhouse gases, mostly carbon dioxide, need to stay below certain levels so that they do not push average global temperatures higher than 2 degrees Celsius (3.6 degrees Fahrenheit), scientists and policymakers have warned. Average temperatures have risen by about 1 degree Celsius (1.8 degrees Fahrenheit) over the past 150 years or so, as mass industrialization spurred the increased combustion of fossil fuels.

The IEA’s Redrawing the Energy-Climate Map reported that carbon dioxide emissions grew at a rate of 1.4 percent in 2012, reaching a record high of 31.6 gigatonnes released into the atmosphere. On this current path, the world’s average temperatures are on track to increase between 3.6 degrees Celsius to 5.3 degrees Celsius, or 6.48 degrees Fahrenheit to 9.54 degrees Fahrenheit, by the end of the century, said the IEA, an independent research group established by the world’s most industrialized nations.

“Climate change has quite frankly slipped to the back burner of policy priorities,” said IEA Executive Director Maria van der Hoeven.

“But the problem is not going away — quite the opposite.”

Soaring temperatures would have profound implications for everything from water supplies, electricity production, agriculture and public health.

At the 2009 global climate talks in Copenhagen, dozens of participating countries, including the United States, agreed to take steps to prevent average global temperatures from exceeding 2 degrees Celsius.

But the agreement was not legally binding, and worldwide emissions have increased.

Emissions of greenhouse gases have fallen in the United States recently to levels not seen since the mid-1990s, largely due to a natural gas boom that has prompted a shift in power generation away from coal. The IEA report noted that “China experienced the largest growth in CO2 emissions (300 megatonnes), but the increase was one of the lowest it has seen in a decade,” driven in part by the greater deployment of renewable energy.

The IEA’s predictions arrived on the heels of a new measure to address climate change announced over the weekend at a California meeting between President Barack Obama and Chinese Premier Xi Jinping.

The U.S. and China agreed to phase out hydrofluorocarbons, or HFCs, a highly potent heat-trapping chemical used as refrigerant in appliances. If the use of HFCs were left unchecked, they could account for 20 percent of carbon dioxide emissions by 2050, the White House said.

The reduction in HFCs would be the equivalent of slashing two years’ worth of global greenhouse gas emissions, according to David Doniger, policy director of the Climate and Clean Air Program at the Natural Resources Defense Council.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!