The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: More attacks on our rights ?

Default More attacks on our rights ?

8th grader arrested for wearing T-shirt with gun pictured on it.

http://now.msn.com/jared-marcum-arre...with-gun-on-it
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

I wonder what else happened here that isn't being reported. I commend him for standing up for his beliefs, but I'd like to hear what all went down. Pretty uncommon to arrest a kid for a shirt. I'll be interested to hear more about it.
    Thanks,

Erik
    --
    Old Oak's Irish Poet ~ "Teegan"

Sire: Irish FTCH Rockenhart Voyager
    Dam: Old Oak's Ipswich Addie JH

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Vigeland View Post
    Pretty uncommon to arrest a kid for a shirt. I'll be interested to hear more about it.
    Should be unheard of, but recently it seems to be acceptable our "politically correct" era in light of the kids being suspended from school for throwing a pretend grenade or cocking a pretend pistol etc.
    What do gooder"politically correct"liberals fail to realize is that the inclusion of the first word {politically} in the term "politically correct" generally eliminates the possibility of the second word {correct} from ever happening

Another thing the politically correct mindset has done that Kind of baffles me is when they try to claim certain murders are more egregious because they were comitted against a class of people that meets their definition of a "Hate Crime" Isn't murder by its very nature kind of the ultimate "hate crime" regardless of who the victim or motivation is?

Since this is a minor child I don't think L.E. or the school will be giving us much info as in "nothing". Then in all probability the lawyer for the boy is keeping the lid on parts of it. I admire the kid's guts. It takes nerve to stand up to a teacher. The one thing that I read that got my attention was the info that the boy had not been called on this in his previous classes that day. I'm totally on the boy's side in this ( at least with the info that is available now ).
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Talk about gun control
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    Should be unheard of, but recently it seems to be acceptable our "politically correct" era in light of the kids being suspended from school for throwing a pretend grenade or cocking a pretend pistol etc.
    What do gooder"politically correct"liberals fail to realize is that the inclusion of the first word {politically} in the term "politically correct" generally eliminates the possibility of the second word {correct} from ever happening

Another thing the politically correct mindset has done that Kind of baffles me is when they try to claim certain murders are more egregious because they were comitted against a class of people that meets their definition of a "Hate Crime" Isn't murder by its very nature kind of the ultimate "hate crime" regardless of who the victim or motivation is?
    Funny you should make that comment. Tonight I was at our local "Aggie Muster" and one of the old ags was telling the whole group about when he was at A&M and how he lived in the Camel Jock dorm. Another attendee is a friend of mine and a local politician. I suggested to him that if that story continued he might have to leave so that he wasn't associated with such a blatant flaunting of proper sensibilities. Common term back in the day. Totally un-PC now. Really funny!!
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

What is interesting to me and another who left a comment on the MSN article is...when you really think about it...who or what did more disruption to the education of the class...the T-Shirt or the Teacher.

Seems to me the shirt had no way to actually interrupt anything...if it were not for the teacher I am sure the class would have carried on...business as usual.

IDK...maybe I am to simple minded, but if you arrest one for disruption shouldn't the other be arrested as well.

NORCAL

The 2nd protects the 1st and all the others!!!!

Good for the kid to where what he feels he wants to wear to school. However, I would guess that was not the main reason for the issues that got him in trouble. I would think the teacher said something to the student and the student in turn said something back. from there it escalated into where it ended up, with him being in trouble.
    I hate rude behavior in a man, won't tolerate it. Captain Woodrow Call

This should be a no-brainer for the courts... Tinker v. Des Moines (1969)
    Mioaks Southbound Sammy JH
    Leatherwood's Here's Your One Chance Fancy

"Luck is the residue of design"- Branch Rickey