The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ten inches of snow

No I am gone way before they wake up!!!! I once pushed a young dog too early, nothing but bad after that! Rather wait. That first hunt test up here every year usually has poor weather. I saw snow one year on my way past!
    Gary Metzger
    Blacks and Chocolates born Dec.14th, 2013 Dynamic Fisherman MH QAA X Bustin' Waters Go With The Flo
    www.bustinwaterkennels.com Designed by Carrie Carlson aka Boondux on RTF

We're usually back in MN by mid-April, but not this year! Heading out of here May 5, hope the ice is out by then. Mid-80s (and mocassins and gators out) down here, we just "ignore" them.

Quote Originally Posted by wayne anderson View Post
    We're usually back in MN by mid-April, but not this year! Heading out of here May 5, hope the ice is out by then. Mid-80s (and mocassins and gators out) down here, we just "ignore" them.
    WisAm field trial this weekend, training partner took water temp Sunday, surface water 42 degrees.
    Earl Dillow

For your sake Wayne, don't come home any sooner than you have to. I had to run the snowblower today. About a 2 foot drift across the center of my driveway. No big deal for the Dodge Ram but my wife wasn't into it with her car. It has AWD, but she is smart enough to know that little thing can ride up on this really wet stuff and get hung up. Been there and done that I guess. I hear it should be nice by the weekend, but I don't believe it...

On the positive side, we may have water to work the dogs in this year if it keeps up. The sump pump in our office basement ran today for the first time in a year.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Buzz is right Wayne. No reason to hurry back. I've got a couple of inches of freshly fallen snow in the yard right now.
    Sonia Liedman

Handled by:
    Rocky's Red Hot Shot "Chip" MH QAA
    Babyduck's Blueberry Power "Blue"

Trained by:
    Piva's Gem Rocky "Rocky" MH QAA - RIP
    Swede Grove's Rough Rider "Teddy" JH - RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Criquetpas View Post
    WisAm field trial this weekend, training partner took water temp Sunday, surface water 42 degrees.
    At least you can take water temp...... we still have about 18" on ice on Lake Wissota. If we're lucky the lake will be open for the fishing opener.

Sure, rub it in, some more snow last nite, but 60's on Saturday!
    Glad of all years I got a puppy it was last fall, it's been a struggle cuz he's 8 months old and I can't get outside to train. My wussy hands just can't take it without gloves on.
    Now we just gotta get through the flooded fields and we will be set. Jeez what a winter..

Quote Originally Posted by Bustin' View Post
    No I am gone way before they wake up!!!! I once pushed a young dog too early, nothing but bad after that! Rather wait. That first hunt test up here every year usually has poor weather. I saw snow one year on my way past!
    Was a good year for SM to switch with NWI. At least Webb is a little further south.

The positive news is the ponds at Kelly and at the farm are in really good shape.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Are the ponds open? Everywhere I have looked they are ice covered. I have a 9 month old Chessie that needs to get in some water. I wonder when it will be warm enough to do that. I am getting really frustrated with the weather. Spring turkey hunt last week was a mess. The woods had snow over knee deep and another 15" fell on the second day.

Used to live in God's country UP of Michigan, one year five inches of snow on Mother's day. The UP, Northern Mn and Northern Wi was abandoned by him this year!
    Earl Dillow