The big debate now.
    Should the terrorist recieve them?

Your thoughts?
    Stan b & Elvis

No................
    Bill Davis

I don't think it is a big deal at all.
    BUT
    my question is..... whar road will our President take? Will he make he who's name I will not type (God Bless all the suffering)
    an enemy combatant? For then he will be in violation of state laws, federal laws, and laws of war. While we cannot kill him 3 times it would "Spruce Up" our War on Terror. Of course that in itself means the President has to say the war is not over.

edit- and just 'cause they ain't read now. Once breathing toob is out and he is upright there is nothing saying they will not read them then. They might be reading them right now for all we know, ya know?
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

IMO they will read him his Miranda rights because the only thing he has to bargain with is whether they file Fed charges which brings the death penalty vs state charges which is only life....unless they think he has ties to a bigger organization, they may sweat him a bit
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Though we may not like it, this person is a citizen of the US, the crimes were committed on US soil, and as such, he deserves to be mirandized.
    Not bad for a chocolate dog

A towel, and a bucket of water.

But then again he did fail at killing himself supposedly.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

Unfortunately, not reading his rights, now that he is awake, could open the door for the ACLU and others like them. So read them, then get the "Water Board Out" Ohhhh, I forgot, the Liberals, don't want us to do that anymore, even if this creep is part of a larger group! That's what you get when you elect Democrat's....!

Yes, I find it hard to reconcile the teachings of Christ with torture( including waterboarding), denying people's rights, and vilifying whole cultures.

Love your enemies and bless those who persecute you.

The same people that put God on a stick and parade him around to protect unborn children, seem to want to kill folks like the Boston bombers. I know I am probably not in line with anybody's thinking here, but I want to challenge you if you use God to back up one claim, you can't leave out what he says about other things.

An eye for an eye?

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    Yes, I find it hard to reconcile the teachings of Christ with torture( including waterboarding), denying people's rights, and vilifying whole cultures.

Love your enemies and bless those who persecute you.

The same people that put God on a stick and parade him around to protect unborn children, seem to want to kill folks like the Boston bombers. I know I am probably not in line with anybody's thinking here, but I want to challenge you if you use God to back up one claim, you can't leave out what he says about other things.
    Can't agree with you on this one MM... I believe in killing the enemy BEFORE he kills you. Our screwup was not knowing these two WERE enemies. And they were right here in our FRONT yard...
    Bill Davis