RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

FT setups versus HRC setups

9K views 68 replies 17 participants last post by  Mary Lynn Metras 
#1 ·
I am only referring to HRC the way they set up their blinds in relation to the marks is this good for a FT dog to run those setups once in awhile or are there serious differences that a FTer should be considering. And vice versa HRC dogs running FT setups. What is any are the pitfalls for the dogs? I am not referring to who is better or anything like that b/c both good venues in my mind.... just trying to see what could be some problems that might arise when cross training? What are your opinions?

#60 ·
there are few things less pleasing than to watch than a handler hacking a dog down a corridor 10' wide for no reason other than they feel they need to "challenge the line to the blind".
Some dogs naturally ping pong more than others. Some dogs have not been trained to take a straight back.

#64 ·
I find that debates about the appropriate route, corridor, line, etc. are not especially enlightening in the absence of pictures or diagrams.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.