The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HT CLUBS: What's in your Marshal's Box?

Quote Originally Posted by helencalif View Post
    Truka has a good list.

Add: extra batteries for radios, a big heavy duty hammer to pound in holding blinds, a note pad for the marshalls in case they need something more to write on, a who to contact list of names and cell numbers for all who are working the trial, and a well-equipped first aid kit for humans and dogs. In addition to bandaids and Neosporin, the first aid kit contains gauze, surgical tape, and good scissors for larger wounds, eye wash, Q-tips, tweezers, and Benadryl. We check expiration dates on all medications prior to any event. Benadryl is very important to have on hand.
    The Benedryl is important. Also plenty of water for dogs and people, and as someone said earlier a dry erase board is nice
    God, Family, Country & LSU Football.

Quote Originally Posted by Novemberwitch View Post
    Ear plugs, lots and lots of ear plugs.

x2,,,,,,,,,,,,,,When gunning I always bring a pocket full of ear plugs, and always end up with an empty pocket at the end of the day

Rochester, MN Bob & Ann Heise HiRollerLabs.com

Someone provided me with extra large safety pins this year. GREAT IDEA! Used them for attaching the required rotation/judges' special instructions in the front holding blind.

Plastic covers--to slip the required posting inside for protection from weather and to prevent tearing of paper by wind.

One Marshal put the running order on magnetic paper, cut the names apart, and used the strips on the erasable board. I wasn't there, but people were raving about it. She used the list from Entry Express and printed it onto magnetic paper. Would be nice, neat and easy to read. Probably won't be doing this, but nice idea.
    Bob/Ann Heise
    "Show up. Dominate. Go home." Dan Gable

"There is no such thing as perfection. There is always a higher level." Dan Gable

"Look at pressure as an opportunity." Tom Brands

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 2010

I don't believe in allowing wine to breathe. I prefer mouth-to-wine resuscitation.