ok you bunch of cry babies:
1. if i am waiting on a pro to come and run from another stake, what am i doing? sittin' outside in a lawn chair.......i like sittin' outside in lawn chairs!
2. i was an "absentee owner" at a field trial last weekend, my pro was running my dog and i was nowhere to be found. cuz i was helping hold a "club training day" where we did drills, ht marks, ft marks, and i brought a huge freakin' nasty a__ crate of flyers i caught the day before in the rain! so you smarty pants, jaw jackers don't always know what the absentee owner is doing the days they are absent! we signed up 4 new club members and served lunch and had over 25 handlers and 40 dogs......two pros attended and the event was held on a part time pro's property!
3. our club held a profitable hunt test two months ago with pros and ams running. we had a great raffle with lots of stuff donated by members. we had a great tailgate at a nice facility. plan and do the work, it aint that hard.
4. our club has members who make the time i spend "contributing to the future" of the sport look like peanuts. they give and give and give incredible amounts of time and resources. there have always been givers and takers and there always will be. training dogs and putting on tests is dirty business and some who participate do not have it in their nature to get dirty.....no matter what! big deal, it doesn't make them a bad person! you just take their money and they smell nice.
5. i like having pros around hunt tests. the new folks never met them and don't know them. they are impressed to spend time with a guy they only read about on rtf or saw on tv. they like it and it keeps them coming back! i am not planning on the grand or the mn so i can't speak to the impact of pros there.
6. for all of us who serve, and throw, and go into the flight pen, and bag and haul, blah, blah, blah.............and "give back"* to the sport, we earn the right to bit## and moan cuz no one else helps. so let's go ahead and complain and cry because we earned the right, esp if you been at it 30 years! but we did what we did because we like what we doin. besides, i think it says in the bible somewhere, "them that don't throw will reap what they sow."
*can one "give back" to something they have taken nothing but a little fun away from? sure they can!