The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any such thing as a "reliable" ecollar under $200?

Quote Originally Posted by blackasmollases View Post
    Carol, you can purchase a dogtra 1900ncp on amazon right now for 215.00. A little more than 200. Not much thougg. I've had good luck with mine so far (2 years old).
    X2 they are great for the price and never break down.
    A cold nose feels good on a hot day.....
    Majestic Oaks Liberty Belle JH

California doesn't want them shock collars, Colorado is probably next then Washington. East of the Cascades in spirit at least, HPW

PS I just now bought a Sports Back G3 EXP to donate to a raffle in Spokane
    "Sometimes we just gotta do what is right". Jerry 2006

See ya in the field. HPW

Quote Originally Posted by 2tall View Post
    I checked collar clinic and they did not have anything suitable.????????
    right now colar clinic has 9 reconditioned tri-tronics collars that are under $200
    I did not check the other brand they rebuild.
    old tube styles, 100's 200's they even have one judge with plugs!!!
    memory lane for that "Get the red plug out of the truck!"
    they all will shock a dog just fine.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Ken, you saw something I didn't. My neighbor does not need to " shock a dog" just fine or otherwise. He needs to be able to get through to the dog from a distance because he can not walk. It needs to be a simple, reliable collar that he can use when I have cc'd pup.
    Carol,
    Owned and handled by Cruisin' with Indiana Jones, JH
    Alternate Handler: Westwind Buffalo Soldier
    Apprentice Handler: Snake River Medicine Man, JH
    http://newhoperetrievers.com

Ken, you saw something I didn't. My neighbor does not need to " shock a dog" just fine or otherwise. He needs to be able to get through to the dog from a distance because he can not walk. It needs to be a simple, reliable collar that he can use when I have cc'd pup.
    I, for the life of me, can't understand why a $180 Field 70, $190 Classic 70, or $200 Pro 100 or 200 can't fill that bill.

Quote Originally Posted by copterdoc View Post
    I, for the life of me, can't understand why a $180 Field 70, $190 Classic 70, or $200 Pro 100 or 200 can't fill that bill.

x2 ^^^^
    don't know how else to look, clicked the tab reconditioned collars and tab tri-tronics.
    I don't get why she thinks they are not suitable as CC will stand behind the rebuild.
    They are simple and reliable.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by copterdoc View Post
    t

Carol was looking for a simple collar for a pet person. I find the Sport G3 fits the bill because most people find it acceptable to change a 9v battery, and they can hang the transmitter around their neck.
    Susan

FC Tribute to Justice, JH "Honor"
    FC AFC Contempt of Court "Ruckus"
    Medal Of Honor, QAA "Valor"
    HRCH Kirby's High Sierra, SH, QAA "Kirby"
    HRCH Niki Snowbird, SH, QAA "Niki"
    Southland Order In the Court, QAA "Gavel" July 17, 2002- March 24, 2013
    Southland Rusty Nail - derby points, qual placements "Rusty"
    www.justiceretrievers.com

I use TT and have nothing but good luck with them.....I have used other brands, nothing seemed to hold up. Then I went to TT....On the California deal, I have no facts, but I would bet the PETA has something to do with the ban....

For the record, my first collar was a rehab from collar clinic. I used it, worked fine, but then it failed and I moved on to my pro 500. In this case, the simpler and smaller the better with a good warranty. Does not need the range, nor ten zillion different levels. When I clicked the link on collar clinics site nothing like that came up. Now it's up to the guy thats going to use it. I'm giving him phone # and web site for TT and CC with the suggestion that he talk to them about the Sport Basic.
    i am also giving him the #for a couple folks that had used ones for sale. Totally up to him to decide the trade offs between warranties, features and price. I really appreciate the suggestions offered. Oh and guess what, it's only the sport basic that Californians can't have! Canadians can't have a Trashbreaker!
    Carol,
    Owned and handled by Cruisin' with Indiana Jones, JH
    Alternate Handler: Westwind Buffalo Soldier
    Apprentice Handler: Snake River Medicine Man, JH
    http://newhoperetrievers.com

For the record, my first collar was a rehab from collar clinic. I used it, worked fine, but then it failed and I moved on to my pro 500. In this case, the simpler and smaller the better with a good warranty. Does not need the range, nor ten zillion different levels. When I clicked the link on collar clinics site nothing like that came up. Now it's up to the guy thats going to use it. I'm giving him phone # and web site for TT and CC with the suggestion that he talk to them about the Sport Basic.
    i am also giving him the #for a couple folks that had used ones for sale. Totally up to him to decide the trade offs between warranties, features and price. I really appreciate the suggestions offered. Oh and guess what, it's only the sport basic that Californians can't have! Canadians can't have a Trashbreaker!
    as usual, some rule made by a politician or agency wonk... Makes no sense...
    Bill Davis