The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ever seen or hunted a (Crippled or 3 Legged Dog) ??? LOOKING FOR HOPE!

Quote Originally Posted by flipinnpitchin View Post
    Guys I really appreciate all the post, and motivation !!! It has been hard for both of us! You can just look in her eyes and tell she's ready to go ! I just wish I could some how make her understand whats going on with her ! She seems to not even care she has a cast on, which is in all likleyhood why we are in the shape she is in now, she is just so active, even in her crate she is always playing, and I am sure is what played a major part in the screw starting to back out. I am hopeful that the bone stays in place with the cast on, BUT it's hard to stay postitive when it seems the bad news just keeps coming ! Praying for some good news a week from now ! Just hoping things turn around for us both !
    FP,

You're doing the right thing trying to get the leg healed properly. Stay positive and don't give up.

As you can see, the loss of a leg is far from the end for a retriever. Dogs can't feel sorry for themselves. Dogs don't hold a grudge. Dogs don't worry about the past.

Hang in there and if you want to talk live, let me know. I have been in a similar place to where you have with the injury.

Chris
    "Determining and applying the criteria for when and when not to use correction is the essence of the art of dog training. I make a distinction between a mistake and a lack of effort." - Mike Lardy - Volume I "After Collar Conditioning"

somewhere between Boca Grande and Nova Scotia

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Davis View Post
    Bill Dumas of Central FL HRC ran a 3 legged Golden in hunt tests. His ph # is 352 694-3924
    Was a damn fine dog too
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by flipinnpitchin View Post
    Guys I really appreciate all the post, and motivation !!! It has been hard for both of us! You can just look in her eyes and tell she's ready to go ! I just wish I could some how make her understand whats going on with her ! She seems to not even care she has a cast on, which is in all likleyhood why we are in the shape she is in now, she is just so active, even in her crate she is always playing, and I am sure is what played a major part in the screw starting to back out. I am hopeful that the bone stays in place with the cast on, BUT it's hard to stay postitive when it seems the bad news just keeps coming ! Praying for some good news a week from now ! Just hoping things turn around for us both !
    optimism.jpg Hang in there! Wilson nearly 6 months from injury. Hoping to hear good news from your girl soon.
    -Martha Veatch

Lab crew from KY Breeze and Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. View Post
    There was a newspaper article from the Raleigh newspaper this past week about an inspiring three legged dog. Thanks Pat Puwal for bringing this article to my attention.

http://www.newsobserver.com/2013/04/...sease-get.html

This article is about my pup. What the article does not say is within 2 months of taking the leg she went from 0 passes to her Junior title. She was still shaved from the operation in the pictures with her title ribbon. The only thing that can limit a dog with three legs or three and a bum one is the same thing that limits it with four good legs... the thing at the other end of the leash.
    (Pink)

Cancer Can't Slow This Girl Down JH (Girl) --- RIP

Sir Boomer of Highlands Bayou (Boomer) --- RIP