The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GDG***NFL Draft***GDG

Default GDG***NFL Draft***GDG

What are your favorite teams looking for?

Who do you think they will pick?

Packers need a OT to protect the franchise, and a pass rusher to offset Matthews.
    Stan b & Elvis

Having lost three starting O linemen over the last three season during Free Agency, I'd say my team needs at least one O Tackle, if not two. I expect Loomis/Payton to take a D player with the 15th pick. Either Jarvis Jones OLB UGA or Kenny Vacarro Saftey U Texas. They'll probably go for some O line depth later in the draft. I would hate to see RB Chris Ivory go to the Jets though the Backfield is loaded and we could use another 4th rounder.

Last edited by Franco; 04-22-2013 at 04:47 PM.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

as for who will my team draft...who knows...doesnt really matter, they have hitched their wagon to Romo and left the keys in Jason Garrett's hands...having Bill Callahan coming in will only complicate things, he has left a mess behind him in wherever he has coached...

and Franco , I dont think Atlanta is the team to worry about...I think that SF and Seattle only get better...I just think Tony Gonzales will regret coming back for one more year..never been a big Matt Ryan fan...

I will watch to see if the kid from A&M goes # 1....wish my Boys could get that Mingo kid from LSU but he will be long gone, but there will lots of his teammates being drafted...
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

My Steelers could use a tight end, and get younger on the defensive side of the ball. But their o line needs to stay healthy or they will be drafting a QB next year. They usually do pretty good drafting in the later rounds I'm not sure who they will take but I'm sure it will be the best player on the board at the time that fits their needs.
    Last edited by Schmersal; 04-22-2013 at 08:02 PM.
    "Feetdown Beatdown Razr's Edge"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    as for who will my team draft...who knows...doesnt really matter, they have hitched their wagon to Romo and left the keys in Jason Garrett's hands...having Bill Callahan coming in will only complicate things, he has left a mess behind him in wherever he has coached...

and Franco , I dont think Atlanta is the team to worry about...I think that SF and Seattle only get better...I just think Tony Gonzales will regret coming back for one more year..never been a big Matt Ryan fan...

I will watch to see if the kid from A&M goes # 1....wish my Boys could get that Mingo kid from LSU but he will be long gone, but there will lots of his teammates being drafted...
    No doubt that the 49ers will be the team to beat next season in the NFC. However, my first concern is winning the NFC South. Falcons are bring in old players to go with Gonzales as their future is now. If HC Smith doesn't win a couple of playoff games this coming season, he'll be history. Packers should be right there with the the 49ers. The surprise good teams next season in the NFC could be the Rams and Bears.

Lots of folks talking about Kiki Mingo going early in the draft. I'd pick LSU DE Sam Montgomery ahead of Mingo, solely based on a better college career.
    Last edited by Franco; 04-22-2013 at 09:32 PM.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Vikings are in need of a middle linebacker, I hoping they don't pick one that may or may not have an imaginary girlfriend/boyfriend who died of something. They are in desperate need of a QB, which is obvious to everyone but the head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    Vikings are in need of a middle linebacker, I hoping they don't pick one that may or may not have an imaginary girlfriend/boyfriend who died of something. They are in desperate need of a QB, which is obvious to everyone but the head coach.
    The bears have the same problems, a horrible QB that they stand behind for some odd reason, they need a MLB, and IMO could use a decent CB or safety.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

The talk is the Packers drafting the big TE out of ND.
    That is a luxury they can ill afford.
    More likely an OT, DE, LB in the first 3 rounds.
    Unless Thompson trade the 1st rounder away for a few 3rd, 4th, 5th round picks which he will use on LB's.

Me, I would take an OT if available to protect the franchise.
    Gonna do some traing and get home to watch.
    Amazing how this has become a must see event.............
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Glavich View Post
    The bears have the same problems, a horrible QB that they stand behind for some odd reason, they need a MLB, and IMO could use a decent CB or safety.
    IMO--Romo=Cutler=Jeff George!!!!!
    Stan b & Elvis

The Bears new HC got Aaron Kroner to be his OC. There aren't many solid young OC as good as him. That was a major move is a positive direction for the Bears. If anyone can improve Cutler's game it would be Kroner. Look for the Bears to throw a lot more off of Play Action. If Cutler doesn't have what it takes, he'll be gone before the season ends.

I think teams taking the best player available over need is the way to go in the draft. As badley as we need an OT, OLB and S, if a guy like Tavon Austin WR is still there for the 15th pick, I expect my team to take him. I do expect the Jets to take Tavon. I'd be happy with my team drafting the best D player in the SEC last season, Jarvis Jones OLB.