The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GDG***NFL Draft***GDG

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    The Bears new HC got Aaron Kroner to be his OC. There aren't many solid young OC as good as him. That was a major move is a positive direction for the Bears. If anyone can improve Cutler's game it would be Kroner. Look for the Bears to throw a lot more off of Play Action. If Cutler doesn't have what it takes, he'll be gone before the season ends.

I think teams taking the best player available over need is the way to go in the draft. As badley as we need an OT, OLB and S, if a guy like Tavon Austin WR is still there for the 15th pick, I expect my team to take him. I do expect the Jets to take Tavon. I'd be happy with my team drafting the best D player in the SEC last season, Jarvis Jones OLB.
    Have no fear they spent a draft pick on a good guy to protect the worthless cutler, Smith liked him, not many others did especially after he quit in the playoffs and had a 3rd stringer come in. They booed when the pick was announced, happened to a few others as well.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

I am very happy a pick my Giants made, while many are saying "who is Pugh?" Very happy.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Packers picked "Twotone" Jones, or something like that.

WTH???????
    Stan b & Elvis

I see that Aaron Rodgers just signed his contract extension. No details on the money though. Has to be 21m-23m a year. What's the deal RK?
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

I see that Aaron Rodgers just signed his contract extension. No details on the money though. Has to be 21m-23m a year. What's the deal RK?
    All the cheese he can eat for life...
    Bill Davis

No one is talkin' yet.
    He is a keeper I think!

Edit

$40,000,000 this season!
    Last edited by road kill; 04-26-2013 at 04:24 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

whatever the deal, he needs to send Romo's agent a bottle...make that a case of champagne for inflating the market
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    No one is talkin' yet.
    He is a keeper I think!

Edit

$40,000,000 this season!
    That what Brees was paid last season. That way, the organization took the big Salery Cap hit last season. Now, he has to make it on a mere $15mil per season for the next four.

Looks like Rodgers got $110mil over 5 years. Riches deal in NFL history!

Our Aaron, Aaron Nola is pitching tonight against S Carolina.

Nola, who leads the SEC with 82 strikeouts, has lowered his ERA to 2.15.
    Last edited by Franco; 04-26-2013 at 05:05 PM.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Packers signed QB Aaron Rodgers to a five-year, $110 million extension through 2019.

The front-loaded deal pays Rodgers $40 million in year one, explaining why GM Ted Thompson was so conservative with his 2013 cap. It's a savvy deal by Thompson, but we've come to expect nothing less. Rodgers is now under control through his age-35 season. Theoretically, he can hit free agency in 2020 at age 36. Because Rodgers had two relatively cheap years remaining on his old deal, the new contract is worth $130.75 million over seven seasons, for an annual average of $18.68 million; Joe Flacco received an annual average of $20.1 million. The Rodgers deal is widely being pumped up as the richest in NFL history, but in actuality it's very much not. Another steal by Thompson.
    Source: Tom Silverstein on Twitter
    Apr 26 - 4:51 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/n...110m-extension
    Charlotte Kaiser: " The Problem Lies In The Talent."

Awesome 2nd pick by the Packers in getting La. RB via Bama, Eddie Lacy. He ran right through ND in the BCS Champ game.
    Last edited by Franco; 04-26-2013 at 07:53 PM.