The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker

Thread: E collar help!

Default E collar help!

I have made my mind up on buying trintronics collar for my dog my question is sport combo g3 or the flyway? Little background is dog is primarily used for hunting don't know if I will ever run him in any test at least not this year. What do you recommend I should get out of the two?

The 2 I recommend the most are the Sport basic and the Flyway. More often than not they get the Sport. And that's the model I use hunting because the transmitter is smaller. More frequent use would point you to the Flyway since the transmitter is rechargable and the Sport series isn't. The Combo and the Flyway both offer a little more flexability in levels.

I use the G3 Sport. It does all I need it to do. I actually prefer the battery powered transmitter, because I can keep a battery in my boat, truck, blind-bag, and vest. If it goes dead I’m back up in the matter of minutes. With a rechargeable transmitter you are dead in the water till you charge it. “just my opinion” 9V batteries are fairly in expensive anyway. I also like the small transmitter for hunting the pro 500 is too heavy and big to hang from a lanyard.

Just my .02 best of luck

Dustin

I probably use my equipment the same way/amount that you do. Hunt a good bit, and run occaional tests.
    We've got the Sport Basic G3, and I think it's the only way to go. Don't worry about running out of battery, the battery on that thing will last forever. When we're hunting on the road, we just take the charger with us - I've charged the collar in my truck before.

We're about to add a second dog, so all I need now is another transmitter.

I also used a Sport Basic on patrol for my police dog, never had a problem and the transmitter batt. lasts forever.

Just bought my second reciever for my Sport Basic, second pup coming...like others said...the transmitter battery lasts well over a year