The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: no new pup..blessing in disquise?

Default no new pup..blessing in disquise?

Ok so a quick update. 2 weeks ago I was going to get my new BLF but do to complications after last set of shots she got very sick and did not make it so I did not want to pick another pup from that litter with worries about this in the future. 2 months ago we lost my wifes dog (Siberian husky) due to old age and my CLM is now alone in the kennel . He seems so lonely and bored out there but I tell you what he has more drive and determination then EVER! our training sessions have been amazing since the husky passed. I want to get another pup for a kennel buddy but I am not sure if I want to risk it now that I see how he is alone. Any ideas why he's like this now or what to do would be great!
    Thanks everybody!
    Captain Drake of Dutchess "Drake"
    Kodiak Miss Angel "Koda" R.I.P.

Sounds to me like your dog is enjoying and benefiting from your full attention to him. Could be a good lesson there for you.
    "Speed of the captain, speed of the ship."

Travis Lund
    Stony Brook Kennels
    www.stonybrookkennels.net
    Foley, MN

Quote Originally Posted by KevinsKennels View Post
    Ok so a quick update. 2 weeks ago I was going to get my new BLF but do to complications after last set of shots she got very sick and did not make it so I did not want to pick another pup from that litter with worries about this in the future. 2 months ago we lost my wifes dog (Siberian husky) due to old age and my CLM is now alone in the kennel . He seems so lonely and bored out there but I tell you what he has more drive and determination then EVER! our training sessions have been amazing since the husky passed. I want to get another pup for a kennel buddy but I am not sure if I want to risk it now that I see how he is alone. Any ideas why he's like this now or what to do would be great!
    Thanks everybody!
    He has been waiting for you!

Enjoy him!
    Stan b & Elvis

That's what I was thinking! I just feel bad when he's out there all alone most of the day (outside dog only). And the hour every evening of training and fun a day is just a small part of a 24 hour day.
    Its a pretty tough drcission since he's not allowed in the house (queens orders lol)

That's what I was thinking! I just feel bad when he's out there all alone most of the day (outside dog only). And the hour every evening of training and fun a day is just a small part of a 24 hour day.
    Its a pretty tough drcission since he's not allowed in the house (queens orders lol)
    Sneak him in when she is not around. He might watch TV with you!
    A cold nose feels good on a hot day.....
    Majestic Oaks Liberty Belle JH

I'd tell your queen she can sleep outside. When you ask as much from a pup as we do I think they deserve to spend time with the family.

Don't worry I try to sneak him in as much as I can but the last time he was inside he "marked" our new couch and kitchen table lol so I frantically cleaned that up! And whenever I run errands or go work outside he's with so he gets plenty of family time

Don't worry I try to sneak him in as much as I can but the last time he was inside he "marked" our new couch and kitchen table lol so I frantically cleaned that up! And whenever I run errands or go work outside he's with so he gets plenty of family time
    I hope he has a heated kennel if you keep him outside in MN

Well you left out the marking of a NEW couch...sorry but the queen now has precious ammo against you and pup. Have you thought of building a badass fort outside for you and the dog? Once she gets lonely, she will probably invite yall back in...hopefully.

Can you negotiate access to one area of the house for starters? A mud room, or your "guy spot" in the basement, etc?
    Sonia Liedman

Handled by:
    Rocky's Red Hot Shot "Chip" QAA
    Babyduck's Blueberry Power "Blue"

Trained by:
    Piva's Gem Rocky "Rocky" MH QAA - RIP
    Swede Grove's Rough Rider "Teddy" JH - RIP