The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: (GMPR,HRCH, MH) Pointing Lab stud dogs with the best "off" switch?

Default (GMPR,HRCH, MH) Pointing Lab stud dogs with the best "off" switch?

Wondering what pointing lab stud dogs our there (GMPR/HRCH/MH,...) have the best off switch at home? Especially those that are dark yellow/fox red and tend to throw the darker yellow/fox red with the excellent temperment to their pups?

Linda Torgerson's 4xGMPR HRCH Rooster Smasher, MH/QAA, one of the nicest dogs I've seen in person, very laid back, good looking, well-built. Seems to be throwing a nice pup.
    Kim Pfister, Rainmaker Labs

I have a rooster pup. He has the hardest drive in the field and at home he's pretty laid back.

I have heard good things about Rooster Smasher. My brother has a black son to 4xGMPR HRCH Kenai and he seems to have a good temperment and a very good point. Any others out there...

Anybody have pictures of their Rooster pup that they would be willing to share?

Livin' a trailer in the forest, down by the river

Rooster would be the one IMO when it comes to that color thing you mentioned....Give Linda a call.
    Other GMPRS with good off switches and finished titles in other venues ?
    Most that I have seen and I have seen more than a few, all three in my sig line are what most labs are as house dogs, whether they point or not makes no diff. Some were more of a handful as pups for sure. Rooster was very well as a house dog the couple times he spent a piece of his time at my place...6 mths old for a month, and when he got started on cold blinds for about a month, so young both visits....
    Kenai has greatness in him, his owner tells me he was a handful for the first year, but I have never seen anything but a gentleman and more the times I have spent around him, one of the best for sure, and doing very well as a stud.
    You want black the two in my avatar do the hunting thing more than game thing (way more ) only so much gas money available etc. we prefer the real thing.
    Other fine Blacks that throw point would be Joe Dickersons "JD" (Jack Daniels ) he is a 4XGMPR HRCH MH
    Also Tim Doanes Ely would be a top one to look at, he does throw point but did not play the APLA game, but I can vouch for his point, one of the best.
    Last edited by Paco; 04-23-2013 at 11:24 AM.
    Train for Total Confidence not Total Compliance
    ------------->"Let 'em Roll"<--------------
    4xGMPR HRCH Sauble River "Gator"
    GMPR HRCH HRKs Liberators Outlaw "Rondo" SH
    GMPR VeraGators Smokin' Diablo of G'Force "Smokey"
    ---> Outlaw Upland~Waterfowl Labs <---

What Paco said x2. Gator throws good dogs from what I can tell. I like that Rooster dog too. Also, JD and Ely are littermates. JD is in my Avatar pic and has a great on/off switch and is yellow factored. Don't think you could go wrong with any of the dogs Paco listed.
    Joe Dickerson

R.I.P. 4xGMPR HRCH Hunters Marsh Jack Daniels Bubba Jazz MH
    Call Name: JD

Ive got 2 dogs out of Hunters Point Kennel and they are the best people I have worked with. Take a look at this breeding with Rooster and Cherry, she is Fox red and is a true sweetheart. Give Justin a call I promise you would be happy with this breeding as this looks like this looks exactly what your in search of. http://pointing-lab.com/4xgmpr-hrch-...-qaa-x-cherry/
    Last edited by FPA Ammo; 04-23-2013 at 02:09 PM.
    HPK's A Warriors Call "Titan"
    HPK's Every Shot Counts (Ammo)

Some of my Rooster pups. Oldest are about 6 months now, so can't tell too much yet, other than everyone seems happy so far.

20130330_122749-1.jpgIMG_8165.jpgIMG_8999.jpgIMG_9071.jpgIMG_9195.jpg
    Kim Pfister, Rainmaker Labs