The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: (GMPR,HRCH, MH) Pointing Lab stud dogs with the best "off" switch?

Rick Edington in IA has Rick's Raging Wildfire, MH, very nice, laid back dog out of the field, solid marker, throws a nice pup. He's a darker yellow/fox red, has some pointing stuff behind him. http://www.gooddoginfo.com/gdc/asp/v...p?DogNo=101123
    Kim Pfister, Rainmaker Labs

Thank you Frank for mentioning Ely. He does not have a pointing title but he sure does point. He is however a GRHRCH a Master National Hall of Fame member and is QAA. He is awesome in the house and has done very well reproducing himself. I have trained over 20 Ely pups and would take a truck full of them from now until I retire, would make life real easy for me. He goes to Manitoba every year and thats when I really get to see just how special he really is.
    I have seen some of the other dogs Frank mentioned as well and believe hes right on.

Good luck with your search.
    Tim Doane , Kingseed Kennels
    GRHRCH UH Hunters Marsh King Elijah MNH QAA "Ely"
    GRHRCH Kingseeds Little Miss Dangerous MNH QAA " Stella "
    HRCH Kingseeds Queen Of Grace MH " Hannah "
    Kingseeds She's A Classic " Layla "
    www.kingseedkennels.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIM DOANE View Post
    Thank you Frank for mentioning Ely. He does not have a pointing title but he sure does point. He is however a GRHRCH a Master National Hall of Fame member and is QAA. He is awesome in the house and has done very well reproducing himself. I have trained over 20 Ely pups and would take a truck full of them from now until I retire, would make life real easy for me. He goes to Manitoba every year and thats when I really get to see just how special he really is.
    I have seen some of the other dogs Frank mentioned as well and believe hes right on.

Good luck with your search.
    Can I be jealous of Ely's trips to Manitoba?
    Joe Dickerson

R.I.P. 4xGMPR HRCH Hunters Marsh Jack Daniels Bubba Jazz MH
    Call Name: JD

Quote Originally Posted by jax View Post
    Wondering what pointing lab stud dogs our there (GMPR/HRCH/MH,...) have the best off switch at home? Especially those that are dark yellow/fox red and tend to throw the darker yellow/fox red with the excellent temperment to their pups?
    Jax,

You might consider Cashman's Super Trooper. He is a yellow GMPR, MH. I have a bitch named Tess who is out of Trooper. She is a wonderful dog in the field and as a companion. She's very level headed and easy to live with.

I also agree with those who mentioned Rooster Smasher. I recently bred Tess to Rooster and am expecting some great looking pups with talent and good temperaments. Both parents also have a full compliment of health clearances.

Swack
    Jeff Swackhamer

This Curtis out of Rooster/Jesse, and a Gator grandson. Marks great, team player, staunch point. Alot of motor but has an off switch. 20130303_165411.jpgcurtis2.jpgcurtis5.jpg

I have a Rooster pup she is 1 1/2 yrs old. Full of fire and exceptionaly smart. In the house calm as can be. Sitting around the campfire she will let you pet her all day long. And not a noisy dog either. Throws a mean point too

As if you needed more verification that Ely and Rooster are great retrievers and producers..... Used them both, both throw really nice pups. I had the last breeding that Rooster did before Torg's Labs purchased him, have since wished many times that Minnesota weren't so far away! Really liked what I saw in the pups. Ely is a super nice dog as well, very compact and can't get too much better than him in the house.
    HRCH UH Wolf Creek's Ebonstar Coach "Coach" MH
    HRCH UH Wolf Creek's Candlewood Victory "Tory" MH

“Any woman who does not thoroughly enjoy tramping across the country on a clear, frosty morning with a good gun and a pair of dogs does not know how to enjoy life.” ~ Annie Oakley

Do you listen to God as well as your dog listens to you? Can God run "Blinds" with you?

www.trinityoaklabs.com

In a trialer in the forest,down by the river

" Thank you Frank for mentioning Ely." You are welcome Tim.
    " He does not have a pointing title but he sure does point." Yes he does, and the only reason he doesn't have that title is you chose not to go that game, if you had, he would be covering more hunt test titles than just about any ( big deal, he's a great hunting dog, the title that counts most to me).

PS; I have a friends Rooster sired one year old here right now, a fine off switch and great structure, winning personality, taking my time with the training cuz I don't want her to go home anytime soon, real nice pup...Rooster/ZZ
    Last edited by Paco; 04-24-2013 at 08:49 AM.
    Train for Total Confidence not Total Compliance
    ------------->"Let 'em Roll"<--------------
    4xGMPR HRCH Sauble River "Gator"
    GMPR HRCH HRKs Liberators Outlaw "Rondo" SH
    GMPR VeraGators Smokin' Diablo of G'Force "Smokey"
    ---> Outlaw Upland~Waterfowl Labs <---

The little bit I know about pointing labs there's been some real good ones noted. But isn't the 'On' 'Off' switch kinda of a misnomer and more dependent on rearing, raising, and rules? Kinda like Labs that don't point?
    We shoot dogs with a Canon

Sounds like a Rooster Smasher pup might be the way to go for us
    in the future!