The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 56

Thread: Evil: Muslims or the Wealthy?

  1. #1
    Senior Member coachmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    862

    Default Evil: Muslims or the Wealthy?

    The latest event (cowardly, terrorist bombing of innocents) involving Muslims hell-bent on killing Americans got me thinking about how many people view the peace-loving, tolerant and God-fearing teachings of the Muslim faith (a little sarcasm there) and how it's best not to say anything derogatory about Muslims. It appears that many liberal, progressive types feel the need to defend the Muslim faith when others make reference to it as a violent, hateful religion due to the despicable actions of the extremist within the religion. Yet these same individuals have no problem using a broad brush to paint all successful, rich individuals as evil. Isn't that kinda, sorta a little bit of hypocrisy? I know liberals are comfortable with this but I'm just wondering. I mean not everyone following a religion in today's society that possibly teaches about killing non-believers can be all bad, right? But damn those evil, rich guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm merely looking at another example of the double standards used by the idiots on the left.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,488

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coachmo View Post
    The latest event (cowardly, terrorist bombing of innocents) involving Muslims hell-bent on killing Americans got me thinking about how many people view the peace-loving, tolerant and God-fearing teachings of the Muslim faith (a little sarcasm there) and how it's best not to say anything derogatory about Muslims. It appears that many liberal, progressive types feel the need to defend the Muslim faith when others make reference to it as a violent, hateful religion due to the despicable actions of the extremist within the religion. Yet these same individuals have no problem using a broad brush to paint all successful, rich individuals as evil. Isn't that kinda, sorta a little bit of hypocrisy? I know liberals are comfortable with this but I'm just wondering. I mean not everyone following a religion in today's society that possibly teaches about killing non-believers can be all bad, right? But damn those evil, rich guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm merely looking at another example of the double standards used by the idiots on the left.
    Aren't you using a very broad brush painting all Liberals as hating wealth?

    In regards to Muslims, if it were up to me I would ban the importation of any more Muslims and export many that are already here.
    Last edited by Franco; 04-23-2013 at 02:33 PM.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

  3. #3
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Aren't you using a very broad brush painting all Liberals as hating wealth?
    HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

    That is a great post Franco!!!!
    Stan b & Elvis

  4. #4
    Senior Member coachmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    862

    Default

    Franco,
    You need to do a better job of reading! I wrote "many" liberals not "all". Please try to pay attention prior to posting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also I do not believe all liberals hate wealth they only use that to promote their hypocritical agenda. Many of the left wing nuts are extremely wealthy but that does not resonate well with the poor and unfortunate members of society that feel liberals are for the working man!!
    Last edited by coachmo; 04-23-2013 at 02:09 PM.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,488

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coachmo View Post
    Franco,
    You need to do a better job of reading! I wrote "many" liberals not "all". Please try to pay attention prior to posting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    In your third to last sentence you say, "I know liberals are comfortable with this".

    How do you know this? I know some Liberals that hate Muslims and love their money too.

    The Class Warfare that we saw in the last election was the stratergy of some very rich Liberal Political Consultants.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

  6. #6
    Senior Member coachmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    862

    Default

    Again I'm not referring to all liberals but it's not hard to find many, many liberals that jumped on the class warfare wagon over the last couple of years. Come on Franco even you should be able to recognize this point.

  7. #7
    Senior Member roseberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Alabama
    Posts
    1,916

    Default

    1 Timothy 6:10- For the love of money is the root of all evil.........

    those pious left wing zealots despise themselves for their own wealth. they do not want others to suffer the curse that has befallen them so they feel better preventing others from the accumulation of wealth via taxation and redistribution. though they are lost themselves, is it not noble that they can help others find peace through the poverty they can legislate?

    likewise, the left views muslims as a minority here in our country. as such we must all keep an open mind towards them and their teachings. it matters not what the effects of their teachings have on our society, we must be tolerant and open. if muslims act outside of what Americans normally view as acceptable it is only because those powerful segments of society who are not minorities have oppressed, mistreated and offended them. the mere fact two young men would need to set off a bomb in a defenseless city just shows that we can and must do more for these peoples worldwide!

    how can you not see this?
    Last edited by roseberry; 04-23-2013 at 02:33 PM.
    john mccallie

  8. #8
    Senior Member coachmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    862

    Default

    I've always viewed liberals (politicians, entertainers, etc.) as elitists that are full of crap! However, I do like your description as well.
    Last edited by coachmo; 04-23-2013 at 02:34 PM.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Henlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    800

    Default

    I tried to look it up and the best i could figure, there is about 300,000 muslims in the united states. Just what I can remember off the top of my head there has been problems with less than a dozen of them. I hardly think that amounts to a need to be hating any entire catagory of people.

    If we were to do that than perhaps christians should be judged by the actions of catholic preists, David Koresh and the West Boro Baptists?


    From the few that I have met, they are hard working people who are just trying to raise their families the best they can like the rest of us.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    4,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    I tried to look it up and the best i could figure, there is about 300,000 muslims in the united states. Just what I can remember off the top of my head there has been problems with less than a dozen of them. I hardly think that amounts to a need to be hating any entire catagory of people.
    As with your POTUS - those radicals he listened to were just normal people . The radical imams at the various mosques around the country have an audience which a reasonable person would have to believe would be bigger than 12.
    __________________________

    Marvin S

    Everyone's friend is No One's friend

    Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •