The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Evil: Muslims or the Wealthy?

I do like the jack webb reference. Have a nice day!

Ken;
    I think you are right on. I was on my way back from the South listening to talk radio. I managed to pick up a coffee grinder "Christian" station in southern Illinois with programing by a so called Christian organization. They called themselves "Christians" but, the devil never spewed more ignorant hate. They knew zilch about Muslims but they wanted to restrict any religious freedom from them. They said all Muslims hated America and wanted to convert or kill all of us. The Muslims, according to the programmers. hate our freedoms and liberties and establish sharia law in the US. They were advocating closing all the Mosques in the U.S. Yet they wanted to send me a package explaining all my constitutional rights and freedoms.

With globalization, there is increasing contact among the world's societies. Islam is the world's largest religion. You can not hope to make an informed opinion of the world, in general, and the Middle East in particular without an understanding of Islam. Some of these haters ought to learn a little bit more from a neutral source before they go off in an ignorant rant. You can gain knowledge but you don't have to convert.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Ken;
    I think you are right on. I was on my way back from the South listening to talk radio. I managed to pick up a coffee grinder "Christian" station in southern Illinois with programing by a so called Christian organization. They called themselves "Christians" but, the devil never spewed more ignorant hate. They knew zilch about Muslims but they wanted to restrict any religious freedom from them. They said all Muslims hated America and wanted to convert or kill all of us. The Muslims, according to the programmers. hate our freedoms and liberties and establish sharia law in the US. They were advocating closing all the Mosques in the U.S. Yet they wanted to send me a package explaining all my constitutional rights and freedoms.

With globalization, there is increasing contact among the world's societies. Islam is the world's largest religion. You can not hope to make an informed opinion of the world, in general, and the Middle East in particular without an understanding of Islam. Some of these haters ought to learn a little bit more from a neutral source before they go off in an ignorant rant. You can gain knowledge but you don't have to convert.
    Could you share your understanding of the Muslim religion with us?
    Where did you acquire this understanding?

Thank you soooo much in advance for enlightening us!!
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Could you share your understanding of the Muslim religion with us?
    Where did you acquire this understanding?

Thank you soooo much in advance for enlightening us!!
    he may have sat in the local barns and noble coffee chair and readed
    I have a few times. "They" say english translations are not worthy, oh well. but I been hooked on all types of religions books for ages. a few shaired stories, Jesus and Mary are mentioned. we are all sons of Abraham be it through Isaac or Ishmael.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Islam is too large a subject to cover in its entirety here. You have to read up on it. But, I have a grounding my training is in political and cultural geography with a good helping of physical geography as well. I have worked side by side with Muslims all my life, and I have family that married into the faith. Basically as Tom Friedman puts it , Muslims see the Abrahamic faiths like different versions of software. Judism is monotheism is version 1.0, Christianity is version 2.0, Islam is version 3.0. The faith was a response to pagan worship in Arabia and the perceived slackness in the Jewish and Christian community of the time.

Allah is not exclusively an Islamic name for God. It was a name of God used by by Middle Eastern religions prior to the establishment of Islam. According to the Koran, Jews and Christians are not unbelievers if the worship the one true God, create no mischief in the world, and believe in the Last Judgement.

Muslims hold the Old and New Testaments as sacred books along with the Koran.

Wiki does a better job than I can do in the space allotted here. Besides, I have some other things I have to attend to rather than typing here all day and in a sense reinventing the wheel:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam
    Last edited by zeus3925; 04-24-2013 at 11:53 AM.
    Zeus

Islam is too large a subject to cover in its entirety here. You have to read up on it. But, I have a grounding my training is in political and cultural geography with a good helping of physical geography as well. I have worked side by side with Muslims all my life, and I have family that married into the faith. Basically as Tom Friedman puts it , Muslims see the Abrahamic faiths like different versions of software. Judism is monotheism is version 1.0, Christianity is version 2.0, Islam is version 3.0. The faith was a response to pagan worship in Arabia and the perceived slackness in the Jewish and Christian community of the time.

Allah is not exclusively an Islamic name for God. It was a name of God used by by Middle Eastern religions prior to the establishment of Islam. According to the Koran, Jews and Christians are not unbelievers if the worship the one true God, create no mischief in the world, and believe in the Last Judgement.

Muslims hold the Old and New Testaments as sacred books along with the Koran.

Wiki does a better job than I can do in the space allotted here. Besides, I have some other things I have to attend to rather than typing here all day and in a sense reinventing the wheel:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam
    In your mind, is there any chance at all they are wrong?
    Or are only Christians wrong???
    Last edited by road kill; 04-24-2013 at 12:13 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

All the Jews could be wrong too
    Bill Davis

Religion have one central theme...worshiping a higher God. Depending on which book you read determines which one you put your faith in. My faith is in Jesus. But I'm sure that other people around the world have tried to put their faith in God and from another source that conflicts with someone elses. I'm sure the native americans here before us are not in hell because they had not been told about Jesus.

It's the sales pitch that mine is the only one that creates the problem.

As for me being a hypocrit...I want a fair world...no more...will not ever be that...but that is my position.

Who knows? I only know what is my cup of tea and Islam ain't it.

Extremism is the font of evil, be it religion or politics.
    Last edited by zeus3925; 04-24-2013 at 01:13 PM.
    Zeus

Basically as Tom Friedman puts it , Muslims see the Abrahamic faiths like different versions of software. Judism is monotheism is version 1.0, Christianity is version 2.0, Islam is version 3.0.
    Then Tom would be very wrong.

The Koran and the Bible do not coincide. Some parts do by way of mere historical fact,

but as far as philosophy goes...nope.