The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Evil: Muslims or the Wealthy?

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Have you had an opportunity to read the Koran
    or are you just going by what others have said?
    Yes and No I don't. I prefer to make up my own mind.

I've also experienced Islam to an effect that few here have, twice in both Iraq and Afghanistan.

I've fought along side Muslims and killed other Muslims with those Muslims who would still today lay down their lives for me without question. Which one was a better student of Islam? Still not sure.

I've eaten with them, I've camped with them, I've been on the front line with them and slept peacefully amongst them.

Young Muslims are very much like Young Americans. They hate all the fighting, they wish it to stop, and they'd rather party and screw off more than anything else.

Regardless of all that. Deeply rooted in Islam is a very real evil. That evil has it's grip on Islam and is very much alive today. Clearly evident by anyone paying attention to such things.

B/c of this, I remain suspect of Islam.

Can you possibly imagine the psychological affect of a sleeper cell agent? It's as bad if not worse then sniper fire. It's a life altering situation.

Understanding the root of the matter, would you say that we are wrong to be suspect of Islam and those who claim to follow it?
    Last edited by Dustin D; 04-24-2013 at 08:53 PM.

dustin,

thank you for the true insight. it means much coming from a patriot with credibility!

thank you for tolerating the views and expressions of a guy like me who has only read a book or two, watched a documentary here and there and then i spout off like i know something.

john mccallie
    john mccallie

Dustin:
    Thank you for your service.

I would agree with you there is an element, Wahabism, that deeply concerns people within and without Islam. It is an ultra-conservative version of Sunni-ism and that tradition has given rise to Al-Qeada and other jihadists. It has its greatest adherence in Saudi Arabia. The Saudi royal family has been one of the strongest patrons of that movement

I refer you to the link on Wahabism:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wahhabi_movement

Sometime it is difficult to determine the real driving force in an insurgency. For instance the conflict in Northern Ireland was often portrayed as a conflict of religion in what was essentially a result of oppression following the confiscation of land by an outside force. Even though the combatants were nominally Christian, nevertheless they perpetrated horrible atrocities on each other. Religion or some sacred ideal is often used to gin up fervor among the troops in a struggle. The Soviets found that they could not get their troops to fight with vigor for the the cause of Communism. However they would fight with courage when their love of the Rodina was invoked. Would you subscribe to the idea Islam is being used to gin up fervor for a deeper and less obvious grievance?
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post

Regardless of all that. Deeply rooted in Islam is a very real evil. That evil has it's grip on Islam and is very much alive today. Clearly evident by anyone paying attention to such things.

B/c of this, I remain suspect of Islam.

Can you possibly imagine the psychological affect of a sleeper cell agent? It's as bad if not worse then sniper fire. It's a life altering situation.

Understanding the root of the matter, would you say that we are wrong to be suspect of Islam and those who claim to follow it?
    Good post, Dustin. One thing that makes me very uneasy is the Islamic recruiting going on in this country. I mentioned in another post the alarming number of Muslim prison chaplains busily converting inmates. A population of uneducated, bitter men, many with nothing to lose, is fertile ground indeed for them to spread evil.

Julie R., Hope Springs Farm
    Chesapeake Bay Retrievers since 1981

First let me say I didn't write that yesterday for any sort of recognition, only to give way to my experience. I don't yearn for the pat on the back but I am humbled and flattered by all your responses.
    So, (THANK YOU ALL) for your kind words/

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Would you subscribe to the idea Islam is being used to gin up fervor for a deeper and less obvious grievance?
    I would not subscribe to it exclusively, but might need more clarification to your point. I believe it exist within Islam b/c it can(For now?). I do also think that it can be squashed by Islam. However at what stage are they in? They seem to be on the rise and the Terror Acts to kill innocent people to make a global impression is also on the rise. Is there growing distain for this kind of Islam, from within the Islam community, on the rise too? Not sure, but I think not. Look at the state of Islamic Run Countries right now. It's not good for hardly ANY of them. When was the last time there was Peace in the Middle East? Why is that? Seems to me the ONLY Muslims that dare speak against such acts, are those that enjoy American Freedom of Speech without having to be concerned with having their tongues cut out. Overseas the distain against such actions is there for certain, I've witnessed it, but seems to be shallow. This is what begs the question to me, "Which stage is Islam in?" are they working on extinguishing such actions? or are they turning a blind eye? it's hard to tell, when as Julie mentioned, they are incredibly aggressive in recruiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post
    Good post, Dustin. One thing that makes me very uneasy is the Islamic recruiting going on in this country. I mentioned in another post the alarming number of Muslim prison chaplains busily converting inmates. A population of uneducated, bitter men, many with nothing to lose, is fertile ground indeed for them to spread evil.
    That's a very good point about a very Old Tactic
    Last edited by Dustin D; 04-25-2013 at 07:59 AM.

And you were so quite last Saturday at the ranch, never would have thought you were a world traveler.
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts