The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Event Signs for your club events -

Default Event Signs for your club events -

Curious to hear or see what other clubs use for their grounds signage. We have Double or Triple Masters that we have to break up and we send people every direction possible. What have you found that looks good, can be moved and can change directions?

Thanks for any solutions you have.
    KARMA - The return on your entries will increase the sooner you decide to contribute one of your weekends to be in the judge's chair and judge others who have done the same for you.

You might try blowing up a big google map to hang at your head-quarter and put up moveable labels to where all your stakes are. We had issues about people getting lost with the big map they can go back to head-quaters and find their stake, even helped the organizers out. None of that Where's Started...I'm not sure ask so&so.
    "They's Just DAWGS"
    "Hunting is a skill to be learned whether you do it early or late it still needs to be learned"
    "I train dogs, Not papers"

GMRH HRCH Quick MH (most importantly Duck/Upland Enthusiast)
    MHR HRCH Lakota MH (most importantly Upland/Duck Enthusiast)
    SHR Storm.. the Pup (Beginning Upland & Waterfowl Enthusiast)

Quote Originally Posted by Gawthorpe View Post
    Curious to hear or see what other clubs use for their grounds signage. We have Double or Triple Masters that we have to break up and we send people every direction possible. What have you found that looks good, can be moved and can change directions?

Thanks for any solutions you have.
    White 18x24 blanks and wire stands from a sign company + a fat Sharpie = cheap signs. Cost should be between $2-$3 per sign.

Oh yeah, make sure the arrows point to the same edge on both sides or you are screwed!
    Allen Dillard

HRCH Play It Again, Sam MH *** "Sam"
    Scout's High Calibre "Colt"
    Slippin' Up the Holler "Dooley"
    Lucky Number Seven VII "Layla"

This is not exact, but I was at a club out west somewhere that made signs for their club that looked like this (without the bandana)

image.jpg
    Bill Davis

Standard Master/Senior/Junior signs of the 18x24 inch variety, add stick on velcro. Make arrows with appropriate hook and loop fasteners.

We use the 18 X 24 ones as described by RF2, but they are orange and we have several for each level. Take care of them and they'll last a long time. We also have a few large, heavy A frames signs, about 24" wide by 36" high that are painted orange with our clubs name on them. we mostly use those to lead the way to test HQ. One of my other clubs also prints out a map on a single sheet of paper to hand out with the areas identified. helps out the directionally challenged who don't have to keep coming back to HQ to look at the big map!
    Larry Housman
    GMHR-I Nils Lofgren's Moontears 1995-2010
    GMHR-II Silverbrook Gunar's Yellow Merkin MH 2001-2014
    GMHRCH-IV Silverbrook's Life of Brian MH
    NPRC's Basking in the Glow of Good Enough

Quote Originally Posted by RF2 View Post
    Oh yeah, make sure the arrows point to the same edge on both sides or you are screwed!
    lolol...sage advice.
    We shoot dogs with a Canon

Ya'll have no sense of adventure! Half the fun is driving to random stakes & asking "is this master 2b?". Then shooting the breeze for 15 minutes with your buddies who are in other flights. It is part of the social culture of a double master.

In all seriousness, regardless of how meticulous the placement of signs at every possible turn, someone will get lost anyway. The confusion of a double Master is inherent. Your club always does an excellent job!!!!
    Mark Land

We use the 18x24 white plastic signs that slide over the metal stake/frame. Arrows pointed the same way on both sides of the sign. Taken care of, the signs will last for a long time, the stake/frame, not so much! You could easily have more printed designating all of your master divisions. These are pretty economical too.

The stakes signs that made the biggest impression on me were at the Tallahassee RC HT in South Georgia. Rod iron stakes with a cloth flag (12x18) like you see decorating some people's homes. Master across the top, with a large monogrammed initial to designate the flight. It was charming driving through a pine forest following these signs!

-trudie

Quote Originally Posted by truka View Post

The stakes signs that made the biggest impression on me were at the Tallahassee RC HT in South Georgia. Rod iron stakes with a cloth flag (12x18) like you see decorating some people's homes. Master across the top, with a large monogrammed initial to designate the flight. It was charming driving through a pine forest following these signs!

-trudie
    Tallahassee RC

Those impressed me to, they are very nice. Also reminded me that I was in the land where no expense is spared when it comes to retrievers, lots of old folding money down there in the retriever game, its beautiful. Hate to think what those would look like after a few trips in and out of our trailer.
    "When dogs make mistakes, don't hold it against the dog, point the finger at yourself"-----Rex Carr

"If you train a young dog for momentum, precision will arrive. If you train for precision, demanding perfection, momentum will depart."
    ~Rex Carr

Stoneridge Misty Mornings at Mallards End MH "Casey"
    Mallards End Whats it All About Alfie MH QAA "Alf"
    Stoneridge Quick Pick MH CD RN "Quicker"
    CH BearCountry Teddy End O Lane MH CD RE "Teddy"
    Stoneridge I Rock N Roll MH "Rocker"