The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Remote Sirens

Default Remote Sirens

looking to build my own remote launchers and wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to do remote sounds to get dogs attention and it be loud enough to hear at 100yds or so.
    Jerred Marshall

Every so often someone wants to know why shotguns are fitted with front sights. My first response is to pose another question: Why did World War II Japanese kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

Launcher Remote.jpg

Here's one i put together. It has a cord from each receiver that i can connect either to a winger/launcher or to the siren. I purhcased the siren at radio shack for roughly $5.

I just finished making a remote launcher per info found on this forum. I used a Piezo siren ($4.95 at the local science store, 102 db) and a 4ch receiver/transmiter from E-Bay ($9.99). The siren captures the dog's attention well out to 100 yards (have tested upto 175yd to date). I plan to substitute the siren with a Duck Sound PCB when I get it assembled (Qkits Duck Sound PCB $4.95 unassembled)---- gives three short quacks).

I am having problems with the P209 primer pop mechanism as also shown on this forum---- any help would be most welcomed.

where did you find the info for building a remote launcher? I am currently looking to build one
    Weasle

Quote Originally Posted by weasle View Post
    where did you find the info for building a remote launcher? I am currently looking to build one

http://www.kwicklabs.com/Winger%20Summary.htm
    Jerred Marshall

Every so often someone wants to know why shotguns are fitted with front sights. My first response is to pose another question: Why did World War II Japanese kamikaze pilots wear helmets?