The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 270's & 300 win mags

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    Are those cleaned and deprimed?

Beginning to see AR's are the selves again around here, local shop had a sale on Bush Masters for $750.
    NO!!!

They are range pick up.. They were in a LOT better shape than I expected when they arrived. Clearly Once fired. I ran a batch of 500 through the deprime, clean and tumble proceedure, and found 2 cases that had bearden type primers (Hard to remove).

I was pleased with the quick shipment from them,, But,, reloading 1000 rounds of pistol ammo through a single stage press is a LOT of work,, and takes up a LOT of time.

Many Factory 9mm rounds are priced currently at about .80 cents a piece,even if you get the bulk prices..
    I beleive I can reload the 9mm, even purchasing all the components for right around .15 cents a round.
    .02 forthe primer
    .06 for the bullet
    .06 for the case
    the round I am hoping to be able to use, takes a measly 4.0 grains of powder . I buy powder in 8 lb jugs...

Small pistol primers are Very hard to find...

Mr Ray Little!!!

My order with You is still very much appreciated! I want a MIX of reloaded cast bullet ammo, and Factory ammo.
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post
    NO!!!

They are range pick up.. They were in a LOT better shape than I expected when they arrived. Clearly Once fired. I ran a batch of 500 through the deprime, clean and tumble proceedure, and found 2 cases that had bearden type primers (Hard to remove).

I was pleased with the quick shipment from them,, But,, reloading 1000 rounds of pistol ammo through a single stage press is a LOT of work,, and takes up a LOT of time.

Many Factory 9mm rounds are priced currently at about .80 cents a piece,even if you get the bulk prices..
    I beleive I can reload the 9mm, even purchasing all the components for right around .15 cents a round.
    .02 forthe primer
    .06 for the bullet
    .06 for the case
    the round I am hoping to be able to use, takes a measly 4.0 grains of powder . I buy powder in 8 lb jugs...

Small pistol primers are Very hard to find...

Mr Ray Little!!!

My order with You is still very much appreciated! I want a MIX of reloaded cast bullet ammo, and Factory ammo.

I've never reloaded brass, but when I was reloading shot shells we used them until the crimps cracked, so I assume that you are reloading the cases more than once? If so, your cost is even less than $0.15. If you can use them on average 3 times, that brings your brass cost down to $0.02. Still not seeing much of anything available around here. I was at academy a few days ago and they had no .22 and in fact there was a selection of ammunition that one had to go to the customer service desk to get and .22 was on that list. When I went to the CS desk, they said that the next shipment was a couple of days away, they had no idea what would be on it and that .22 was limited to one box per customer. It costs me $30.00 round trip to get to that store, so............
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

The Government Accountability Office (GAO) has launched an investigation into the Department of Homeland Security's (DHS) bulk ammunition purchases, U.S. News & World Report reported on Monday.

Sen. Jim Inhofe, R-Okla., and Rep. Frank Lucas, R-Okla., introduced a bill last Friday that would require the GAO to report on federal agencies' ammunition purchases and its effect on the supply of ammunition available to the public. The Department of Defense would be exempt from the report. According to Inhofe's press release, "The [Ammunition Management for More Obtainability] AMMO Act would restrict agencies from obtaining additional ammunition for a six-month period if current agency stockpiles are higher than its monthly averages prior to the Obama Administration."
    The bill was referred to the Committee On Oversight and Government Reform. However, Chuck Young, a spokesman for GAO, told U.S. News & World Report that the investigation is "just getting underway."
    "President Obama has been adamant about curbing law-abiding Americans’ access and opportunities to exercise their Second Amendment rights," said Inhofe. "One way the Obama Administration is able to do this is by limiting what’s available in the market with federal agencies purchasing unnecessary stockpiles of ammunition. As the public learned in a House committee hearing this week, the Department of Homeland Security has two years worth of ammo on hand and allots nearly 1,000 more rounds of ammunition for DHS officers than is used on average by our Army officers. The AMMO Act of 2013 will enforce transparency and accountability of federal agencies’ ammunition supply while also protecting law-abiding citizens access to these resources."
    "After hearing from my constituents about the shortage of ammunition in Oklahoma and the Department of Homeland Security’s profligate purchases of ammunition," said Lucas. "We have introduced the AMMO Act of 2013 to curtail these purchases so Americans can exercise their Second Amendment rights without being encumbered by the federal government. I was surprised to find out the DHS has the right to buy up to 750 million rounds of ammunition over the next five years, while it already has two years worth of ammo already. This is an issue that must be addressed, and I am pleased this legislation provides us the opportunity to do so."
    On April 1, 2013, U.S. Sen. Tom Coburn, R-Okla., posted a letter online that he received from DHS about its ammo purchases. In it, the department said that it was purchasing the ammo in bulk to "significantly lower costs." According to DHS, it purchased 103 million rounds for $36 million for 2012. For 2013, the department said it planned to spend $37 million on ammunition.
    As of Nov. 20, 2012, the department said it had over 263 million rounds of ammunition in its stockpile.
    Last edited by MooseGooser; 05-12-2013 at 08:48 PM.
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.

Gooser, do you reload steal casings also, or are they more of a pain than they are worth?

I do not re- load STEEL cases.