The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AKC Field Trial Rule Question

My question , why, another series maybe, or ? I once ran a five series amateur all- age. Last series was a water blind, orange ribbon where dog was suppose to get out. Just came from open, not explained to me, ran the water blind, dog carried beautiful line, got out about 5 feet early and got blind. Gave out three placements, did not give a fourth. If your on the business end of having placements tossed, kinda bad taste in mouth, especially in a all-age stake. One judge Applogized ,said his co-judge talked him into it, both eight point plus judges, hmm didn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy. There were more but that's an example, unless a dog doesn't get any of the chickens, what's the point, principal of it!? Or ? A QAA is hard enough in this age and a all-age placement or placements won't even respond.
    Earl Dillow

As far as selecting a placement by not scoring a series or a bird in a series.........

Field Trial Rules
    and Standard
    Procedure for
    Retrievers

STANDARD PROCEDURE FOR NON-SLIP
    RETRIEVER TRIALS

TRIAL PROCEDURE

3 .................................................. .........................
    21. Tests or retrieves which are not to be considered
    by the Judges at the final summing up should not be held.
    Last edited by john fallon; 04-25-2013 at 04:14 PM.
    "i guess the old saying 'those of us that think we know everything annoy those of you that does' " --bobbyb 9/13/06

"A Good Dog is a Good Dog"

Quote Originally Posted by Criquetpas View Post
    My question , why, another series maybe, or ? I once ran a five series amateur all- age. Last series was a water blind, orange ribbon where dog was suppose to get out. Just came from open, not explained to me, ran the water blind, dog carried beautiful line, got out about 5 feet early and got blind. Gave out three placements, did not give a fourth. If your on the business end of having placements tossed, kinda bad taste in mouth, especially in a all-age stake. One judge Applogized ,said his co-judge talked him into it, both eight point plus judges, hmm didn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy. There were more but that's an example, unless a dog doesn't get any of the chickens, what's the point, principal of it!? Or ? A QAA is hard enough in this age and a all-age placement or placements won't even respond.
    I'm with you Earl, I would place a double handle rather than not award all 4 places, it is the dog's performance relative to the field not to some imaginary standard.

Quote Originally Posted by EdA View Post
    I'm with you Earl, I would place a double handle rather than not award all 4 places, it is the dog's performance relative to the field not to some imaginary standard.
    Totally agree...

Quote Originally Posted by EdA View Post

Me three

Ted
    Competition does not build character - It reveals it.

Home of:
    FC/AFC Freeridin Wowie Zowie (2003 NARC Finalist)
    FC/AFC Sky Hy Husker Power
    FC/AFC Freeridin Smooth Operator
    FC/AFC Freeridin Vampire Slayer (2007 NARC Finalist)
    AFC Freeridin Maserati (Double Header Winner)

www.freeridinretrievers.com