The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Garmin Delta eCollar

Default Garmin Delta eCollar

Has anyone here used the Garmin Delta series of eCollars? I'm currently working on the Tri-tronics Sport Basic but I like that the Delta collars have a bark limiter built in.

Anyone have any experience?

Thanks,
    Ray

My understanding was Garmin / TT was only going to start shipping product April / May.
    www.dakotacreekretrievers.com

Online store - http://store.dakotacreekretrievers.com
    Find us on facebook!

GMHR-III Dakota Creek's Royal Navigator MH (AKC & CKC)
    MHR Pine Acre's Dakota Sand Creek SH WCI
    Dakota Creek's Royal Gem
    Dakota Creek's Long Shot
    Dakota Creek's Wreaking Havoc

Does anyone know where or when the Delta Sport will be available for purchase? When I call Garmin they say its available but they can't locate a store and its backordered several weeks. It would be great if the company actually gave up to date information to their customer service people

Love the built in bark limiter. The only complaint would be that if you dog breaks and ignores his normal working range on intensity level, changing the intensity level higher takes too long unlike the sport series. Great collar for general yard training but would not use it for hunting application in new environment where you might need to change the intensity level quickly to keep dog out of harms way. Unfortunately not a USA made product.

Well has anyone have any reviews on this collar? My last collar was a TT Pro200 XL, sold it, need a new one. I prefer to stick with the American "assembled" collars, but I guess the Delta is worth a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Captzig View Post
    Well has anyone have any reviews on this collar? My last collar was a TT Pro200 XL, sold it, need a new one. I prefer to stick with the American "assembled" collars, but I guess the Delta is worth a look.
    nice unit! Has lots of levels of stimulation which is nice. Built in bark limiter is a nice feature to have if needed. I didn't care for the size of transmitter and exchanged mine for a TT pro100. The garmin was a nice collar, I just like the larger remote.