The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Claire McCaskill's response to email concerning gun control

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Shelbyville, Tn
    Posts
    1,454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn White View Post
    It is the same way in my town ,the mental department at our hospital has been shut down due to low funds, Mental unstable people are BIG business in my town, I have a very good friend that recently married a girl that owns a couple "homes" and she is very financially stable for only having a high school diploma, I also know several others that operate these type homes . Most people living in them have had drug problems in the past ,mainly meth overdoses and such. I think there are different ratings as far as mental stability, and the more unstable/dependant the patient ,the more the government/state pays for their housing and care. I believe some are compensated by the patients family ,but not many.

    Heck, our county sheriff owns a couple of these homes! His brother worked for me several years ago when I was a concrete contractor and the money his family made off of the unstable was unbelievable. At one time his father had some where around 300 "clients" in various homes.

    I dont have the answers ,but can see the problems.
    Thank you for pointing out a side of mentally ill treatment that I don't think about. Esentially 100% of reimbursement to the Carey Counciling Center(Carey not Cary) was via Medicaid. Same as you say, with housing. All regulated and mandated by the gov. in the name of reducing costs. You can decide if the gov. has been successful.

  2. #22
    Senior Member luvmylabs23139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    Anybody that works for a living misses personal engagements. As a farmer,I thought you were a banker
    I didn't have time for personal engagements, and my sacrifice did not earn me the revenue that a doctor does who has days off. As and investment banker, I never saw my son, but at least I was compensated for it. I'm sure the electrician that fixed my power line last night didn't tuck his children into bed either, and I'm sure his compensation does not come close to the compensation of a doctor. So no pitty for doctor doing his job.

    All the doctors I know have high lifestyles so shouldn't it be right for them to have to work to have them.

    The old system is not good and maybe this one will put us on a direction of providing healthcare for everyone as oppose to making sure a few can live in luxury.
    I'm not a doctor but why should I have anything against someone who put alot more years and longer hours in when they were young than I did. And as such, why should the lay around welfare slime recieve the services of someone who busted their butt for years for free or next to free??? Get a grip and tell me why the rabbit breeding person should get their and their leaching spawn paid for with my hard earned money?


    WHY????? Why do I bust my butt to pay for their slimy asses?????? It is not by choice but rather by force!


    Why should I pay for them??????????
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SW Minnesota
    Posts
    2,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    My experiences with doctors are to always be refered to a specialist for test that the family practioner already knows the problem...then the specialist runs more test or takes more images then refers to another specialist that wants more test and images. End result, problem not solved, so return to family practioner. Lot of money made over my small problem.

    Anybody that works for a living misses personal engagements. As a farmer, I didn't have time for personal engagements, and my sacrifice did not earn me the revenue that a doctor does who has days off. As and investment banker, I never saw my son, but at least I was compensated for it. I'm sure the electrician that fixed my power line last night didn't tuck his children into bed either, and I'm sure his compensation does not come close to the compensation of a doctor. So no pitty for doctor doing his job.

    All the doctors I know have high lifestyles so shouldn't it be right for them to have to work to have them.

    The old system is not good and maybe this one will put us on a direction of providing healthcare for everyone as oppose to making sure a few can live in luxury.
    It looks like you got out of farming to soon, last year the median income of a grain farmer in MN was $255,000, and they haven't had a tractor in the field in the last 6 months.

  4. #24
    Senior Member menmon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Your entire statement not only shows your ignorance but a certain amount of bigotry and prejudice for a profession you know nothing about..Your stereotype of 9-5 doctors is so far off..do you even consider the ER doctors that work entire weekend shifts fixing up gunshot victims,accident survivors and heart attack patients...or the OB-Gyn that has to go thru the entire labor with a newborn's life in balance...or even the thoracic surgeon that does an extensive twelve hour surgery on someones heart....

    I hope that you never have to lie on an operating table with your life in the balance and a surgeon looking over your condition and praying to God that he knows what he is doing...
    When did you get your MD. I would hope he would do his job, the one he is being paid for. But you are saying I owe him my life savings and more, and someone earlier was saying, just let them die, because they have no money.

  5. #25
    Senior Member menmon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    I'm not a doctor but why should I have anything against someone who put alot more years and longer hours in when they were young than I did. And as such, why should the lay around welfare slime recieve the services of someone who busted their butt for years for free or next to free??? Get a grip and tell me why the rabbit breeding person should get their and their leaching spawn paid for with my hard earned money?


    WHY????? Why do I bust my butt to pay for their slimy asses?????? It is not by choice but rather by force!


    Why should I pay for them??????????
    Because there is a high probability that when you get old and actually need healthcare because you are battling cancer and the cemo treatments have used up all your savings and you do not have the money to pay for the treatment you need to stay alive. I guess then you fall into that category of wellfare slim, because you need taxpayer help. F you, we don't want to pay for your healthcare...what did you do for us?

    Get a clue....we shouldn't let people die in this country because they don't have money.

  6. #26
    Senior Member Ken Bora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Burlington, Vermont
    Posts
    11,358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    Get a clue....we shouldn't let people die in this country because they don't have money.
    tru-dat!!!
    we let um die 'cause they ain't able to go down to the Sears-Robuck and buy a gun.
    and Shawn, to your OP question of what to do.
    I would start by not voting for her any more.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

    "The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

  7. #27
    Senior Member Julie R.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Orlean VA
    Posts
    2,863

    Default

    Shawn, you should write her back and ask her why she and the rest of her cronies on the Hill aren't willing to participate in Obamacare for themselves if it's such a great idea. That's about as phony as her stating she believes in the rights of people to own guns.

    Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    Don't blame the POTUS....why don't you put blame where blame is due...the insurers, doctors, healthcare providers and drug companies. This transition is going to have some pain because you are messing with powerful companies and lobbies with lots of money, and they have public opinion blaming the president.
    You certainly can't blame doctors for the trainwreck that is Obamacare. However, Obama and cronies certainly bear responsibility for passing costly legislation cloaked in the name of affordability that actually does nothing to promote affordable health care because it caters to big money special interests (insurance, big pharma) fattening their already large coffers at the expense of the taxpayers and working Americans.

    Julie R., Hope Springs Farm
    Chesapeake Bay Retrievers since 1981

  8. #28
    Senior Member shawninthesticks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    north east mo
    Posts
    1,831

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    tru-dat!!!
    we let um die 'cause they ain't able to go down to the Sears-Robuck and buy a gun.
    and Shawn, to your OP question of what to do.
    I would start by not voting for her any more.
    I didnt vote for either of my cantidates last time.

    Julie, I think I will send an email addressing the issue of "whats good for the goose ,should be good for the gander"
    Shawn White

    HR Big Creek Retrievers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy "

  9. #29
    Senior Member Julie R.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Orlean VA
    Posts
    2,863

    Default

    Ahhh yes Shawn, the response should be entertaining. Let us know what she says. I may send a little missive to the VA congressional delegation asking the same thing.
    Julie R., Hope Springs Farm
    Chesapeake Bay Retrievers since 1981

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •