The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How Has Sequester Affected YOU???

Quote Originally Posted by jim_de_hunter View Post
    The "Obamaphone" a part of Lifeline. Washington Post says this:

"Lifeline was begun not by President Obama but under Ronald Reagan. It expanded to include cellphone service during the presidency of another Republican, George W. Bush. ... Never mind all that. “Obama phone” has stuck."

Here's the link:
    http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2...phone-lifeline

Yes, I knew this ... but the program grew incrementally during the past four years of this administration; and has been most recently administered without regard for preventing fraud and waste. And, it appears, that the beneficiaries themselves regard them as a direct "gift" from Obama. They christened the program themselves.

A recent report mentioned that the companies providing the service could not account for the eiligibility of 41% of the beneficiaries. There was also mention of about 270,090 beneficiaries who had more than one of these phones (guess that's part of the 41%). The whole idea was to provide phones to the poor for "emergencies". Not sure why you would need two of them for the intended purpose.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade View Post
    What's a "charge number"?
    Its a number I get to put into my time card so I get paid. If I don't get a charge number, then I do not have billable hours. I'm a DoD contractor and they are extremely tight with money right now. Fortunately for me I'm working on a mission critical project and have some sense of job security, however nothing is for sure when you are a DoD contractor. I've been given a pink slip at 8:00am and at 12:00pm that same day I've be "rehired" and throw in a good measure of "stop work orders" every once in a while and you know what it's like to be a contractor. We are definitely doing more work with less resources right now, pretty much have to "donate" hours to get everything done.
    "You can't eat a pig whole, but you can eat a whole pig." - Joe S.

Proudly Owned By:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MHR HR Flash Of Mischief SH CD CGC - Flash (10/15/98 - 10/8/12)
    Lightning Fast Quack Attacker*** - Bullet
    Gotta Heart Of A Warrior - Ranger (12/26/07 - 8/10/2010)
    SML's Gettin' Sexy With It*** - Tango
    FOM's Raising a Ruckus in the Rockies - Riot

Quote Originally Posted by FOM View Post
    Its a number I get to put into my time card so I get paid. If I don't get a charge number, then I do not have billable hours. I'm a DoD contractor and they are extremely tight with money right now. Fortunately for me I'm working on a mission critical project and have some sense of job security, however nothing is for sure when you are a DoD contractor. I've been given a pink slip at 8:00am and at 12:00pm that same day I've be "rehired" and throw in a good measure of "stop work orders" every once in a while and you know what it's like to be a contractor. We are definitely doing more work with less resources right now, pretty much have to "donate" hours to get everything done.
    WOW..that's federal bureaucracy for you...so are you considered an independent DoD contractor and responsible for generating your own W-2 or do you get different ones from the DoD...

I guess what I am asking is whose the payer on the paycheck ..(yes I know its probably done electronically)
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    WOW..that's federal bureaucracy for you...so are you considered an independent DoD contractor and responsible for generating your own W-2 or do you get different ones from the DoD...

I guess what I am asking is whose the payer on the paycheck ..(yes I know its probably done electronically)
    I actually work for a company that has multiple DoD contracts, it's a smaller company...use to work for one of the "giants" in the DoD world, but got sick of being just a badge number. I'm shielded from all the craziness of the contracting side of the house, but I do get caught up in the procedure of getting the charge numbers from the government, to the prime contractor, to my company and then to me...the end of the month is not fun! And my dear husband is also being furloughed for some 30 odd days for the fiscal year....now that is going to hurt the budget, but we keep telling ourselves it's better to take a pay cut than to be unemployed - he too is a DoD contractor like me, but with a different small company on different DoD contracts - unfortunately what he does is not mission critical, but more on the training side of things.
    "You can't eat a pig whole, but you can eat a whole pig." - Joe S.

Proudly Owned By:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MHR HR Flash Of Mischief SH CD CGC - Flash (10/15/98 - 10/8/12)
    Lightning Fast Quack Attacker*** - Bullet
    Gotta Heart Of A Warrior - Ranger (12/26/07 - 8/10/2010)
    SML's Gettin' Sexy With It*** - Tango
    FOM's Raising a Ruckus in the Rockies - Riot

Well yeah. My husband is a DOD employee. He travels around northern NM to administer the recruiting tests at high schools. Maybe no more assignments for a long while.
    Carol,
    Owned and handled by Cruisin' with Indiana Jones, JH
    Alternate Handler: Westwind Buffalo Soldier
    Apprentice Handler: Snake River Medicine Man, JH
    http://newhoperetrievers.com

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Just curious what type of unbearable atrocities you or you family have had to face as a result of the Sequester and the subsequent reduction in future spending increases?
    No, but Obama has ripped me a new one.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    No, but Obama has ripped me a new one.
    Good, well thought out definitive answer, Mike. I could probably find a smiley, but I don't think I will. JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Good, well thought out definitive answer, Mike. I could probably find a smiley, but I don't think I will. JD
    You are REALLY amazing. You ask for a "well thought out definitive answer" from Mike. I could not even get you to choose which of 3 health care systems if you had to choose from one of the 3(old system, Obama Care or single employer(payer?). The question was so simple. Not which you liked, or which you needed or wanted. Just which you would choose between the 3. A simple DEFINITIVE ANSWER. No requirement that it had to be "well thought out".

But I will look at the bright side. You really gave me a laugh today.

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    You are REALLY amazing. You ask for a "well thought out definitive answer" from Mike. I could not even get you to choose which of 3 health care systems if you had to choose from one of the 3(old system, Obama Care or single employer(payer?). The question was so simple. Not which you liked, or which you needed or wanted. Just which you would choose between the 3. A simple DEFINITIVE ANSWER. No requirement that it had to be "well thought out".

But I will look at the bright side. You really gave me a laugh today.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    I'm a Health Insurance agent whose customers are dropping like flies while getting their rates raised thru the roof due to Obamacare. Definitive enough, JD?
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth