The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Kermit Gosnell

Good point, RK!!

Abortion is one of the tenets of secular progessivism.
    And this is the result.

No other way to frame it.

The constant mantra that if abortion is illegal it will be performed in dirty dark rooms and alleys carries no weight.
    From what I have read, the conditions at these locations were horrible.

All part of the NEW America!!!

Thank you progressives, you must be very proud!
    Stan b & Elvis

RK,
    I agree with you, however; their argument is not very strong (in my opinion) and is very similar to the argument that background checks will prevent gun violence. I mean it's common knowledge that criminals obtain guns through legal means, right? Their stance on most issues is almost laughable.

The Dr. was a lunatic and deserves life in prison. In the Byron Smith case that was mentioned earlier. He was within his right to defend his home up until the the teens were incapicatated. To go up and talk to them anf then to put a gun to their head and "finish" the job will qualify as murder 1. He deserves life in prison also.
    Ole and Sven are quietly sitting in a boat fishing, chewing and drinking beer when suddenly Sven says, 'I think I'm gonna divorce my wife - she ain't spoke to me in over 2 months.' Ole sips his beer and says, 'Better think it over...women like that are hard to find.'

Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    The Dr. was a lunatic and deserves life in prison. In the Byron Smith case that was mentioned earlier. He was within his right to defend his home up until the the teens were incapicatated. To go up and talk to them anf then to put a gun to their head and "finish" the job will qualify as murder 1. He deserves life in prison also.
    My money says Byron Smith walks with no jail time.

In a controversial case that has split Oklahoma City and led to volatile Facebook pages supporting both sides, an Oklahoma jury has recommended that a white pharmacist -- who shot and killed an armed black teenager trying to rob his store -- be sentenced to life in prison, following his conviction of first degree murder.
    In 2009 two young men burst into the store, pointing guns at Jerome Ersland. Instead of giving up the money, Ersland was able to get his own gun and shoot 16-year-old Antwun Parker.
    With Parker down, Ersland chased the other would-be robber out of the store. Surveillance video (below) shows Ersland going back into the store, retrieving a second gun, and shooting Parker five more times while he was on the ground. That shooting, however, takes place just off camera so it is not clear if the teenager was still threatening Ersland.
    Ersland's lawyer said he was acting in self-defense. Attorney Irven Box told ABC News that Ersland shot Parker again because he was still moving and thought he was a still indeed a threat.
    However, prosecutors said he went well beyond the threshold of self defense. "This defendant was absolutely not defending himself or anyone else," argued Assistant District Attorney Jennifer Chance.
    The jury deliberated for just three and a half hours last week before recommending a life sentence. The 59-year-old Ersland will be formally sentenced on July 11. If the judge upholds the jury's decision, Ersland will not be eligible for parole for at least 38 years.
    Ersland's lawyers said they would appeal the murder conviction.
    The case has split the local community as well as social media. There are Facebook pages for and against the pharmacist.
    One supporter is Oklahoma State Sen. Ralph Shortey. 'I'm gonna spend the rest of my career, however long it may be, trying to right this wrong,' he told ABC News.
    Ole and Sven are quietly sitting in a boat fishing, chewing and drinking beer when suddenly Sven says, 'I think I'm gonna divorce my wife - she ain't spoke to me in over 2 months.' Ole sips his beer and says, 'Better think it over...women like that are hard to find.'

One unborn child is worth more than all the abortion doctors in the world! This crime is so hideous most people don't want to recognize it exist.
    I ignore stupidity unless you bring it to my attention!
    Crystal Coast Labradors

CCL Return To Sender
    N Sana Te

They found another 'Baby Killer' in Texas...see today's Drudge Report. I fear there are many more like this killing babies late term every day.

Yesterday read a story about a fella who got his pregnant girlfriend to take an abortion pill, telling her it was an antibiotic. He was quite ingenius. His father is an obstetrician, and he stole a sheet from his prescription pad to write the scrip for the pill. Then he put a fake label on the bottle. This was not a "morning after" pill. The pregnancy was already several weeks along. The bill worked, and woman aborted.

The interesting facet of this is that the fella is being prosecuted for murder. So, it seems that a mother can decide to abort a non-viable fetus with no problem, without anyone's permission (including the father); but a father is not allowed to do that unless the woman approves.

The question it raises is how can a fetus be considered a human in one instance, but not in the other? How can the definition change by depending on which person makes the decision to abort? Perhaps he could be prosecuted for some kind of felony assault on the mother ... but how could he be accused of murder of a fetus that has no "human" standing in the eyes of the law.

I've also seen similar situations resulting from the murder of a pregnant woman (or death in a car accident) where the perpetrator is accused of two deaths: the baby and the mother.

Any attorneys on the forum who can clarify how this inconsistency is explained?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Yesterday read a story about a fella who got his pregnant girlfriend to take an abortion pill, telling her it was an antibiotic. He was quite ingenius. His father is an obstetrician, and he stole a sheet from his prescription pad to write the scrip for the pill. Then he put a fake label on the bottle. This was not a "morning after" pill. The pregnancy was already several weeks along. The bill worked, and woman aborted.

The interesting facet of this is that the fella is being prosecuted for murder. So, it seems that a mother can decide to abort a non-viable fetus with no problem, without anyone's permission (including the father); but a father is not allowed to do that unless the woman approves.

The question it raises is how can a fetus be considered a human in one instance, but not in the other? How can the definition change by depending on which person makes the decision to abort? Perhaps he could be prosecuted for some kind of felony assault on the mother ... but how could he be accused of murder of a fetus that has no "human" standing in the eyes of the law.

I've also seen similar situations resulting from the murder of a pregnant woman (or death in a car accident) where the perpetrator is accused of two deaths: the baby and the mother.

Any attorneys on the forum who can clarify how this inconsistency is explained?
    This is a valid point and I agree because I don't see any difference in the outcomes!
    I ignore stupidity unless you bring it to my attention!
    Crystal Coast Labradors

CCL Return To Sender
    N Sana Te