The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies: I need hip waders, any suggestions?

Default Ladies: I need hip waders, any suggestions?

Trying to de-cheat and teach lines to my Golden without the collar. Need a pair that will fit me, not a small man. I'm 5'6" and fairly fit for a middle aged chick. Any suggestions on brands?

Oh yeah, need em for duck hunting too...

Cheapest you can find. You won't likely use them more than a few times. Hip waders suck.

Buy a cheap pair of breathable waders then go pop some tags at your thrift store for a pair of mens hiker style boots to use for your wading boots.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BAICXGA/...SIN=B00BAICXGA

I have been miserable in every pair of waders with the built in boots that I have tried. I would use stocking foot waders and wading shoes. If it is not too cold, you could just wear wading shoes or sandals with neoprene socks. I've fished in pretty cold water wearing shorts and neoprene socks and it was not bad.
    Renee P

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Henion View Post
    Trying to de-cheat and teach lines to my Golden without the collar. Need a pair that will fit me, not a small man. I'm 5'6" and fairly fit for a middle aged chick. Any suggestions on brands?

If your dog handles effectively you can de-cheat as other trainers do, only without taking the easy way out and pushing a button.

Evan
    "Prepare your dog in such a manner that the work he is normally called upon to do under-whelms him, not overwhelms him." ~ Evan Graham

“People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.”

― George Bernard Shaw

The Smartwork System for Retriever Training (link)
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...59&ref=profile

Are you talking hip waders or chest waders? Cabela's carries waders for women.....they recently came out with dri-plus waders so you don't have to deal with the weight of neoprene.
    AWSUE

AWS
    JUSTIN - UH HRCH MHR CH Gamecr Just Plain Ol" MH MHR WDS [Only AWS to pass the Grand]
    GATOR - HRCH MHR CH Carolina Just Plain Ol' Gator MHR MH WDS [First AWS to earn AKC Master Hunter(retriever) ]
    ZUZU - SHR SR CH Waterway Game Cr Zuzu's Petls SH WD CGC (RIP)

BLF
    LOLA - HRCH BC's Just Plain Ol' Amicalola

Thanks guys - great ideas!!!

Evan - too true. But I always end up with water in my boots anyway - I'm not the least clumsy person I've met.

Sportsman Wharehouse usually has good deals on last years models, search Caddis for wimmens. Buy a wading boot 2 sizes larger than what those wet ones you wear are and it will be MoNEY.
    Just Win

I have some Simms chest waders that I love. They make them in womens sizes for both the waders and the boots. They have an excellent repair kit too. I use mine a lot when fishing. I take them home and hose them off. The come pretty clean (I can get really covered in blood and fish slime if we are dip netting). I would think they would be great for using with dogs. I do find that our water up here is very cold and I can spend all day in the water in these if I have good wool layers underneath. Nothing like finding outdoor gear made for real women!

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Henion View Post

I'm no lady, but I found a nice pair at Cabela's for my best half. Not real spendy and have held up nicely.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

search Conkeys hound supply,get the muck boots with the chap, I promise you will love them