RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

**** WARNING **** Beware of Scammers lurking RTF

26K views 19 replies 19 participants last post by  Lamont Cyrus 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I had this email exchange this morning after I posted the ad for my dog trailer on RTF.

Todd Allen <toddlerking@gmail.com>;

Good to hear back from you, i am located in Ohio. i am buying the 11 Hole Stainless Trailer for my dad as a surprise gift, i am okay with the price, i am a marine engineer at this moment i am presently working offshore,sometimes access to regular emails and phone calls are very poor in offshore due to inefficiency of phone and internet connections, more so we are often constrain from accessing the internet or making phone calls, i insisted on PayPal because i don't have access to my bank account online and i don't have internet banking too, but i can pay from my PayPal account as i have my bank a/c attached to it, if you don't have PayPal account yet, it is very easy to set up, i will like you to go on to http://www.paypal.com and get it set up.you don't need to bother yourself about the shipment because i have a pick-up agent that will come for the pick-up they will also determine and secure the shipment, get back to me with your PayPal email address so that i can make the payment, i will also need you to provide me with the following information in order to facilitate the payment.

1.Your Full name.

2.Your PayPal Email Address.

3.Your phone number.

Kind Regards.

On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 2:15 PM, Colt Farrington <coltfarrington@yahoo.com> wrote:

Colt Farrington <coltfarrington@yahoo.com> wrote:

>The asking price is $6000. Paypal may be an option, I'll have to investigate. Where are you located?

To: coltfarrington@yahoo.com
Sent: Thursday, May 2, 2013 8:45 AM
Subject: 11 Hole Stainless Trailer

Hello Seller,

I want to buy this 11 Hole Stainless Trailer,and need to know how much are you asking for it? and please i can only pay using Paypal.

Have a nice day.
Then found this http://www.pianomart.com/blog/resources/scammers-of-the-we/

Number 3 on the list

Scammers of the Week

James Apia – apiajames2@hotmail.com 04.25.13
Jude Daniels – judedaniels78@yahoo.com 04.25.13
Todd – toddlerking@gmail.com 04.22.13
Peter – pampeter41@yahoo.com 04.19.13
Robyn Wallis – robyn_wallis@yahoo.com 04.17.13
William Aiden – william_aiden01@outlook.com 04.04.13
Palluch Bart – palluchbart@yahoo.com 03.21.13
Ben Wyatt – wyatt.ben01@outlook.com 03.18.13
Adams Speed – adams_speed1000@yahoo.com 03.09.13
Kenneth Hill – kennethhil40@gmail.com 03.07.13
Henry Wyatt – henrywyatt35@yahoo.com 03.06.13
Bucknurtray – bucknurtray@yahoo.com 03.02.13
James Muller – jamesmuller02@yahoo.com 02.26.13
Lorraine Schwartz – lorraine_schwartz01@yahoo.com 02.25.13
Larry Brown – larry_brown002@yahoo.com 02.24.13
Ascom Smith – ascom_smith900@yahoo.com 02.24.13
Allan Cole – allancolemg@yahoo.com 02.13.13
Robert Louis – robertlouis36@yahoo.com 02.11.13
etc

Be careful out there

See less See more
#4 ·
I just got hit with toddlerking

#5 · (Edited)
The tip off should have been that he will have his agent come by and pick up. Next they offer you more to pay the agent, but you will need to wire or send that money to him. I've had a couple of them try this tactic with me. Look for them to also to refer your post as goods or items and normally not by it's proper name.

#8 ·
I've made this a sticky for now, so others can see this info and it doesn't get lost...

#10 ·
I had the same scam attempted on me from a Craigslist posting but they sent texts to my cel phone. I got suspicious when they offered full asking price and responded to my text at 5am EST when their phone number had a Utah area code. I told the guy I sold it for cash later that day after he took a while to respond to my text. Never heard from him again. Scammer's phone number is 801-683-9278. BEWARE!!!

#11 ·
Well since nobody has had anyone try to scam for a puppy yet I thought I would share this as well as my posted reply just for fun.

To: <fastpup@msn.com>;
Subject: labrador pups
Sent: Thu, May 22, 2014 6:54:29 AM

Do you still have labrador pups for sale ?please advice

On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 7:42 PM, idaflyguy@yahoo.com <idaflyguy@yahoo.com> wrote:
Yes, I have a chocolate and black female and
A black male available to the right home. Feel free to contact me with additional questions.
Micah

On Thursday, May 22, 2014 1:10 PM, garciaevelyn55346 <garciaevelyn55346@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks very much for your response. I would be buying one of the female Puppy you have for sale so kindly reserve it for me. You have to bear with me that . I am sending you this email to make final reconfirmation of the one Puppy which am willing to buy for my Husband birthday present and I also want to let you know that payment will be by certified Check . However, I want to alert you on the fact that you will be receiving the Check this week and payment will cover your cost and as well as the shipping cost to be paid to the person that will take care of the pickup in your house. So please as soon as you receive the payment, get it cashed immediately, deduct the money that accrues to you and send the remaining balance to the Head Office of the company that handles the shipment via Western union. More so, I will pay you an extra $50 if you can reserve this for me. So in view of the above, Here are some of the details I will need for final issuance of the Check or Money Order to you.

(1) Full Name
(2) Mailing address, no p.o.box please
(3) your direct telephone number both home and cell.?
{4} Acceptance of my offer
(5} Final asking price Once you get back to me with all the above information s, the check will be issued out immediately and it will be sent to you.

Best Regards

Name Micah Duffy
**************** Meridian Idaho
Puppies are sold first come first serve. Once a check is received it will go in order of receipt for pick of puppy per sex. Checks of anykind will result in a 10 day waiting period after deposit. At that time final acceptance and release of ownership to you will ensue.
Puppies cost is $100,000 per black puppy for females or 150,000 for Chocolate. Please let me know your preference.
idaflyguy@yahoo.com

#12 ·
I didn't reply but I just received this from Ms. Garcia as well. Don't know who spankypup is but the email did get caught by the junk mail filter.

Evelyn Garcia [mailto:garciaevelyn55346@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2014 3:30 AM
To: spankypup01@yahoo.com
Subject: labrador pups

Do you still have labrador pups for sale ?please advice

#15 ·
Seriouly, I got the same EXACT message from "her". I have only posted my puppies on the AKC Classifieds, which I thought would be pretty safe, but looks like she picked me up off there. I replied to the first email in a conversational fashion initially and even sent some pics of the puppies (but no address info thankfully). Then I got the Western Union bit and realized the nature of the scam. So wrong!

#16 ·
Hi guys,

I know I am very new to the site, but how would you suggest purchasing things from people on this forum? I thought I purchased a Bill Hillman DVD from another member on this site and paid them via PayPal. But it has been a couple days since I paid them and they never shipped it out. They told me that they would ship it the day I paid them, then the following day said that they would send it out and completely stopped emailing me back. What do y'all think I should do? And what's the best way to ensure that this won't happen to me again?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.