The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Analyze by dogs pedigree

Default Analyze my dogs pedigree

Is it a good one in your opinion? Does anyone know any of these dogs?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by J Cosentino; 05-02-2013 at 01:01 PM.

I wouldnt worry about the pedigree now. Just enjoy your pup.

Sorry I don't see any dogs I know on that pedigree. What type of registration are they offering?

Wild-card Breeding, nothing wrong with that one of my best dogs came from wild-card a breeding. It's wild-card in that not much you can tell or assume from the pedigree. Don't see many OFAs on it to trace back, only one title MH to trace performance wise, going back to a couple of FC-AFC. No conformation etc. title. Basically all these dogs have been kept hidden in the AKC vault and no-one knows what they can do, nor what they might throw. Doesn't mean they couldn't have been excellent performance dogs, just that the pedigree doesn't show it. You sometimes got to beware of dogs that come out of the wood work. Still I hope the 6-12 & 7-12 on the sire and dam are incorrect I don't see a ~3mt. old pup having a litter in Nov 2012 if she was born in July 2012.

Chocolate male that Carries Yellow, nothing but Yellow on the top (from the names it looks like they were aiming for a very light whitish yellow), Chocolate on the bottom (3 generations back to black), I recognized Dakota Roux, he's got a bunch of HRC offspring. Canadian, registrar on the bottom, AKC wouldn't publish Canadian awards-titles, HRC NARHA etc. couldn't guess on them.
    Last edited by Hunt'EmUp; 05-02-2013 at 01:26 PM.
    "They's Just DAWGS"
    "Hunting is a skill to be learned whether you do it early or late it still needs to be learned"
    "I train dogs, Not papers"

GMRH HRCH Quick MH (most importantly Duck/Upland Enthusiast)
    MHR HRCH Lakota MH (most importantly Upland/Duck Enthusiast)
    SHR Storm.. the Pup (Beginning Upland & Waterfowl Enthusiast)

Top side (your dog's sire), nothing recognizable to me, FWIW. Bottom side, your pup's maternal grandsire, Dakota Cajun Roux was a nice dog, died young, 5ish I think, sired lots of HT & hunting offspring, especially HRC, (and still siring litters via frozen). Cleo & Bill Watson can fill you in on him. The dam's dam, Jazzy Shooter, appears to have an HR, is a granddaughter of AFC CFC CAFC Chugach Hill's Jazz's Rascal and CFC CAFC Pachanga Magnum Force. Jazzy Shooter was also bred to FC AFC Carolina's Smoke on the Water and produced a MH and SH, was bred to Gates, with a couple of offspring on EE, there's also one sibling to the dam of your pup on EE, but, not everything from more than a few years ago is going to show up on EE, nor will the Canadian stuff. So, other than searching on offa.org for the names, that's about all I got from a quick look. Is that Barkley in your avatar? Handsome dog.
    Kim Pfister, Rainmaker Labs

Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    Is that Barkley in your avatar? Handsome dog.
    Yes it is. Thank you!

There's a bunch of hrc titled dogs in that pedigree

Several grhrch titles if memory served me correct. Cajun roux and his sire and the sires sire and dam for sure. Pachanga magnum force is ftch aftch.

Post on the hrc message board. You will get lots of title answers
    Last edited by Baby Duck; 05-02-2013 at 04:54 PM.

FC-AFC Super Bounce Andre was a wonderful NFC Candlewood's Super Tanker son purchased by Judy from Harold Bruninga when he was a Derby dog, he was a Double Header winner but was not bred much

Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    Top side (your dog's sire), nothing recognizable to me, FWIW. Bottom side, your pup's maternal grandsire, Dakota Cajun Roux was a nice dog, died young, 5ish I think, sired lots of HT & hunting offspring, especially HRC, (and still siring litters via frozen). Cleo & Bill Watson can fill you in on him. The dam's dam, Jazzy Shooter, appears to have an HR, is a granddaughter of AFC CFC CAFC Chugach Hill's Jazz's Rascal and CFC CAFC Pachanga Magnum Force. Jazzy Shooter was also bred to FC AFC Carolina's Smoke on the Water and produced a MH and SH, was bred to Gates, with a couple of offspring on EE, there's also one sibling to the dam of your pup on EE, but, not everything from more than a few years ago is going to show up on EE, nor will the Canadian stuff. So, other than searching on offa.org for the names, that's about all I got from a quick look. Is that Barkley in your avatar? Handsome dog.
    Yep,lots of HRC in there.I had the chance to see DC Roux run under MR.Autry and it was pretty impressive.
    FC AFC Slider/Junie

The dates in parentheses are when the dogs were entered into the stud book
    High Tess JH
    Cedar Swamp's Linden JH
    Cedar Swamp's Cuttin a Rug
    Cedar Swamp's Holy Terror JH (3 SH passes)
    Blackfoot's Mr Independence at Cedar Swamp JH
    Cedar Swamp's Angel in Disguise
    Cedar Swamp's Test Pilot
    Cedar Swamp's Bonanza
    Cedar Swamp's Twisted Sister

Others have also graced our hearts...gone not forgotten.
    RC Buckshot of Seven Hickories MH
    Ceader Swamp's Deuces Wild SH
    Fallen Timber's Second Chance MH
    Ceader Swamp's Mac Millett SH
    and several others...