The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Real Liberal Love

Keep dodging! You have been quick to point out the love oozing from the liberals. Just don't see it. FYI you're not as smart as you want everyone to think. I comprehend just fine. I listen to classic rock and country not much conservative media happening on those channels.

Sambo, you must spend a hell of a lot of time listening to conservative media? You talk about it non stop in just about every post you make. Only problem is, what you always describe doesn't sound anything like any conservative media I listen to. Makes me think you are talking out of the wrong orifice...
    Bill Davis

Mo, I do think that the Collins announcement is more newsworthy, only because of the courage it took to do. I also think it was a bit calculating, but so what. If you read the article, it is very well put and I admire him a lot for what he is doing. He is breaking new ground and Tebow was not. Many a pro has praised God or Jesus for years. Tebow used it to promote himself, in a calculated way, and IMO, brought a lot of the jeers on himself. He is a moderate talent and used his " Tebowing" to it's fullest advantage. His lack of real talent caught up with him and he was released.

Only time will tell if Colllins action prompts others to come out. But I can say with certainty that we will continue to see players praise the lord for that great catch or hit.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

The NFL Channel on Sirius/XM talks so much about Tebow and the Jets I had to stop listening for a couple of days! Everytime I tuned them in its' tebow/jets, jets/tebow, tebow/jets and more tebow/jets!

Conservative media? Where? I know about John Stossel. I work in the biz and not aware of other Conservative shows on radio and TV.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

The real mind boggler here is that the tool of the left, media, and all the love spouting directly from the left, and now even on the right, has successfully used the homosexuality issue to further discredit the family unit. And nobody bats an eye at it anymore and I say that meaning batting an eye at the total erosion of what turns a child into a strong man or woman, a family.

Truest comment ever from Charles Barkley "Athletes aren't role models.........." Neither of these guys will influence my beliefs. I will say this I would have alot more respect for the bb player if he came out at the beginning of his career and not the end. Whats he got to lose now? He'll probably ride this to a very lucrative end. Hell I've got more respect for the Baylor he/she than him.

BTW I"m not homophobic.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

Quote Originally Posted by duk4me View Post
    Truest comment ever from Charles Barkley "Athletes aren't role models.........." Neither of these guys will influence my beliefs. I will say this I would have alot more respect for the bb player if he came out at the beginning of his career and not the end. Whats he got to lose now? He'll probably ride this to a very lucrative end. Hell I've got more respect for the Baylor he/she than him.

BTW I"m not homophobic.

Maybe so Tim, but look at the current climate as opposed to even 5 years ago. More acceptance in other walks of life now than then, and this is huge no matter what phase of his career. I do agree, he will get some career milage from this, but in the larger scheme of things, it is a pretty big step for mens' sports.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Quote Originally Posted by Golddogs View Post
    Maybe so Tim, but look at the current climate as opposed to even 5 years ago. More acceptance in other walks of life now than then, and this is huge no matter what phase of his career. I do agree, he will get some career milage from this, but in the larger scheme of things, it is a pretty big step for mens' sports.
    He could have changed the climate five years ago, of course it could have cost him a few million. His sacrifice or potential sacrifice would have been much greater. I don't view him as a martyr.

I honestly do not understand homosexuality therefore I do not condemn it or condone it. It is beyond my comprehension. But, this smacks of I got my twelve years of NBA pay now I'm going to hit my talk show circuit payday. Hey the guy ain't dumb, Stanford. Now Tebow might be a little delusional.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon