The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Event Closings... FT Mondays, HT Wednesdays

Default Event Closings... FT Mondays, HT Wednesdays

Looking for some help here... It seems like a couple months back I read somewhere that Entry Express will start closing Field Trials on Mondays and Hunt Tests on Wed. I am not sure if I read it here on RTF or if it was in RN. Either way I can not find it now. Does that ring a bell with any of you? If so can you refer me to the right thread/ article.

Thanks
    God, Family, Country & LSU Football.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Fryer View Post
    Looking for some help here... It seems like a couple months back I read somewhere that Entry Express will start closing Field Trials on Mondays and Hunt Tests on Wed. I am not sure if I read it here on RTF or if it was in RN. Either way I can not find it now. Does that ring a bell with any of you? If so can you refer me to the right thread/ article.

Thanks
    The proposal to close all field trials on Monday (which I favor) has been tabled temporarily

The announcement was officially made in the January 2013 Issue of Retriever News. It can also be found on our website TheRetrieverNews.com:

The change to the process is as follows; After January 1, 2013 all events are to close Monday at midnight. Field Trials need to finalize by Tuesday at midnight. Hunt Tests should finalize by Wednesday at midnight.

By the time the announcement was made, some of the event secretaries had already put up their events for 2013 and those events were able to retain their original choice of closing day. Any events put up after February 7, 2013 can only close on a Monday night or before as the system is designed not to accept any closing days after Monday.

Tina Styan, Managing Editor of Retriever News

Looks like most entries have fallen into line with that

I think the hunt test and field trial communities are adjusting to the change in closing date. They just have to get it into their heads that it is on MONDAY.

I know our club HT lost a few entries because of the change. I don't see it being an issue moving forward in my-neck-of-the-woods.
    TBRO

Choose your battles carefully, life is too short to spend fighting.