The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker

Thread: Today's incom of medical general practitioners

Default Today's incom of medical general practitioners

I just listened to Dr. Howard Dean former democrat governor of Vermont on MSNBC say that Family Practitioners could not even pay of their student loans, let alone send their kids to college, based on anticipated income over their lifetime. And that is someone who supported Obama Care. He did not say who he blames for the situation. I wonder who or what is to blame.

I'm pretty sure it's been that way for a while. My father-in-law, a retired OB/GYN, said several years ago that two teachers make about the same as an MD. I always thought that it would be much higher than that.

my brother did not have student loans for med school...I helped him the first two years along with my mother and then he had a private benefactor, a former classmate and dog training/hunting buddy who married into money and they financed the remainder...I am still waiting to get paid...
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    I just listened to Dr. Howard Dean former democrat governor of Vermont on MSNBC say that Family Practitioners could not even pay of their student loans, let alone send their kids to college, based on anticipated income over their lifetime. And that is someone who supported Obama Care. He did not say who he blames for the situation. I wonder who or what is to blame.
    So looking at salary averages, $150k to start and just under $200k for a 6 year average, are these the figures Dean was using?

They are no different than any proffessional. Some do really well and some struggle. Just because you go to medical or law school does not guarantee you success.

The lower achievers ussually work in less lucrative areas of the proffession and the over achievers do the big stuff. Having said that some under achievers in medicine do well because they have good business minds.

Obamacare has nothing to do with it. If our doctor pay is so bad why do so many doctors come here from abroad? Now most of them are over achievers