The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feeding Puppy Once a day

I feed my pup three times a day a cup each feeding.If I fed her once a day she would eat it all in a minute and get sick.

Banned

Try a food with more animal protein. Dr. Tim's, Annamaet, Red Paw

Are all of his teeth in? My pup quit eating for about a week or two around 9-11 weeks and he had some more baby teeth coming in. I assumed he wasn't eating because it wasn't the most comfortable thing chomping on food with a sore mouth. Now at 15 weeks he's fine and eating everything he can.
    Christopher Nemitz

Have a good conversation with your vet, and also call the breeder. I have seen pups with coccidia do this, and they get very sick quickly. One cup a day is not nearly enough, at this age my dogs are eating 3/4- 1 cup 3 or 4 times a day, and are quite lean.
    Christine
    "We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even more temporary than our own, live within a fragile circle, easily and often breached. Unable
    to accept its awful gaps, we still would live no other way. We cherish memory as the only certain immortality, never fully understanding the necessary plan." Irving Townsend.

So we had enough with the pup not eating what he is suppose to so we brought him in again, there should be no reason this pup isnt eating so we brought stool samples in and the vet has found Giardia. Hopefully now we can start to see some improvement with his appetite and his stool samples.
    HPK's A Warriors Call "Titan"
    HPK's Every Shot Counts (Ammo)