The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Not what I had in mind...pics

Quote Originally Posted by wakemup View Post
    Eight is awesome! So sorry about your loss of mother and one pup. It's always hard when one doesn't make it, and remember that can happen even with mom still in the picture. Can't wait to see another picture, although don't know how you'll find time to take it!

Sooooo frustrated!!!!! Think I'm fixing to lose another male!!!! Belly bloated and very lethargic. Gave enema and tube fed pedeolite but if stomach twisted with bloat it's a done deal. Just sux to be so close to 3 weeks.

Sorry you lost the puppy. I remember when I hand raised my litter, switching from tube feeding to bottle feeding around two weeks (because they thrashed so much the tube kept getting pulled out) was scary. If we cut the nipples enough for them to actually get some formula, they got it so fast it would come out their nose. I did not lose any after that, fortunately, but I lost two before. My vet and the emergency vet (whom I got to know really well during that time) thought that only losing two was outstanding. I was very sad about each one, though.

When I started giving them pans of food it was an incredible mess. I confined them and the mess in kiddie pools. From then it was a short time until I began getting some sleep. Good thing as I did some hallucinating from the lack of sleep.

I had a problem with the puppies' sucking each other's genitals. I didn't at first know why they were inflamed. The vet advised that could lead to a UTI so I ended up separating the puppies, each in his or her own cardboard box or laundry basket. I did lots and lots and lots of laundry! I hope you aren't having this particular problem. Maybe having access to your Beagle will help (give them something appropriate to suck on).

Oh, no, bad timing.

Sorry another is in trouble. Are you certain that they're all keeping warm enough? My understanding is that two things lead to pneumonia: chilling and aspiration. Does your vet have any suggestions?

Amy Dahl

Quote Originally Posted by afdahl View Post
    Oh, no, bad timing.

Sorry another is in trouble. Are you certain that they're all keeping warm enough? My understanding is that two things lead to pneumonia: chilling and aspiration. Does your vet have any suggestions?

Amy Dahl

Very warm..... Bloated. Not sure... Just checked and still here but not sure how long.... More tube fed pedeolite and some milk and antibiotics.

Quote Originally Posted by whitelabs8675 View Post
    Very warm..... Bloated. Not sure... Just checked and still here but not sure how long.... More tube fed pedeolite and some milk and antibiotics.

Here we go again!!!! At 3 weeks 1 day old. One male was on deths door last night. Think it aspirated some milk at some point an got infiltrated. We I'd everything we could to keep pup live till vet could see it. Gave it berthing treatment which helped but when you took him off he went back in distress. We gave fluids sub q. Finally got to vet and sure enough right side had infiltrate. He tapped it nd got off 30 ml of fluid. Called me 4 hours later after some lasix and said pup had just eaten bowel of food that he would be fine now with antibiotics and lasix. Myself and others that help have had a LOT of time invested in these pups so we were going down fighting.!!!! Hope to put new pics on but have been a little busy. Keep praying for them. Angels let this one stay for now.

Whew! I have been really worried about you and your little ones. It is good to see some good news from you.

YIPPEE regards!

lesa c
    Marty & Lesa
    Ramblin Maxx Retrievers
    Fort Worth, Texas
    817-564-3560
    www.ramblinmaxx.com

Praying 4 you Brother!

Richard
    SHOOT EM' IN THE LIPS..........

HRCH Otter Sloughs Bronze Gander " Gander"
    Merlyn's Full Limit of Green "Limit"

www.ducksloughkennel.com

Romans 8:28

Quote Originally Posted by ramblinmaxx View Post
    Whew!.......YIPPEE regards!

lesa c
    x2!!!!!!!!
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Keep up the good work! Prayers coming your way.

Quote Originally Posted by Sporting1 View Post
    Keep up the good work! Prayers coming your way.

Lil fella is just behind now and not sure if he will make it. He is back weak again and would not eat gruel formula only some from bottle but I'm afraid that is what got him in this mess. Next day will tell. Sad... But I'm trying.