The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Israel

It's roots are before 1946, but why did they start this call then? What was going on in the Middle East during WW2? If you know these questions you know the context. If you don't, figure it out. How do you think Iran responded to the Boston bombings?

I am pretty tired of this 'Merica "they hate us because they are Muslims". If you believe this, you are being very shallow in your historical thought.

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    let me see if i got this straight,

historically imams begin spewing hatred and supporting the bombing innocents in 1946 or '47(correct me if i am wrong again please) and their cause grows worlwide because of U.S. policy in the mid east region.

i start spewing a little hatred.........and instead of my cause growing worldwide(or even on a dog forum) i get a history lesson from a libertarian.

this and "precision weaponry" is why our country will never win another war!
    Wrong. The first terrorist bombings were carried out by the Zionist Irgun organization. This was the beginning of modern day hostilities between the two.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    I would encourage you to do a little extra reading on western influence in the middle east. The roots of middle east terrorism go back to imperial Britain and we joined up with their imperial mindset in the fifties. Since then we have been stoking the fire of radical Islam with every moderate leader we help overthrow (Iran, Iraq, Libya, and coming soon Syria)
    mud, sorry for not having read enough historical literature to satisfy "the enlightened" of our day. however, given the historical fact that in the fifties we aligned ourselves with ideas of "imperial britain" and that we unseated all the "moderate leaders", let's discuss what can be done now to placate or satisfy these peoples?

logically,
    if we have "stoked a fire", then we should be able to put it out.....right? can any action we take make it right, correct these wrongs, alleviate the sufferings that we caused. if so i say let's do it!

you are well read and understand more than i. tell me how to put this genie back in the bottle. i stand ready to help.

i say from my readings the genie of muslim terror is, was and always will be out of the bottle. people who read too much and try to understand why, just enable her.
    john mccallie

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Wrong. The first terrorist bombings were carried out by the Zionist Irgun organization. This was the beginning of modern day hostilities between the two.
    oh i get it now.......muslims never would have even thought of the terroristic actions and tactics they use today had zionists not first bombed their hotel. and they obviously loved all jews prior to that. but afterwards a little hostility began. this history thing is neat.

i am pretty shallow franco and mud, sorry about that.
    john mccallie

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    oh i get it now.......muslims never would have even thought of the terroristic actions and tactics they use today had zionists not first bombed their hotel. and they obviously loved all jews prior to that. but afterwards a little hostility began. this history thing is neat.

i am pretty shallow franco and mud, sorry about that.
    It was the beginning of the modern day hostilities between the two. There are no innocent sides in this conflict as the entire region has become a major clusterf...!
    Well aware that thhe two have been in conflict going back pre-Mohammed. The conflict is more about land than religion though the religious aspect hasn't helped. As long as there is a Jewish state in the middle of the Islamic world, the region will never know peace. Like I said earlier and before on RTF, we should have never stopped the Israelis from pacifying the region. Our policy was wrong then and it is wrong today and G W Bush's policy just made the situation a powder keg ready to explode at any time. It is such a mess that even Obama can't get us out of the area without the entire region going to war. There use to be a balance of power in the ME until we decapitated Iraq. Now, our only hope for any kind of peace is the area rest with the Turks.

My biggest concern in the ME is nuclear Pakistan. The little county that hates our guts but gladly accepts 50 billion a year from us in aide. We should be treating them the same way we do N Korea and not pretend they are an alley. Same with Saudi Arabia. Our policy has been to kiss their asses in exchange for being able to buy thier oil. Why?

Yes, I blame our Foreign Policy as much as anything for the mess.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

fun stuff man.......facts are always getting in the way of me hating!
    john mccallie

I agree with much of your position on this matter except I don't believe the Muslim extremist are a merry bunch of guys being provoked by the rest of the world. That may be the excuse that is used, however; I just don't buy it. You don't have to pull some dogs tail in order for them to bite!

Since the Babylonians invaded Jerusalem and the collapse of the Byzantine Empire, there hadn't been any significant presence of Jewish people in the region until the European Exodus after the Nazi Holocaust. Owing to an enormous sense of collective guilt arising from the horrors unleashed upon European Jews (remember your country and mine had some very anti Semitic legislation and were reluctant to take as many pre Holocaust immigrants as wished to flee Europe) Great Britain was forced through acts of Jewish terrorism and US influence to turn over Palestine to the wave of Jewish Exodus. France returned political control to the inhabitants of Syria and Lebanon, England was being encouraged during the Suez crisis to give up Egypt to the Egyptians, Iran and Iraq to those people etc. etc. While the whole world was being freed from European colonial rule, the Palestinians who had lived in the region through the Roman Empire the Byzantine Empire the Babylonian, the Turkish and finally the British Empire saw their liberty snatched away from them by European Jews representing a claim to ownership which was stale dated by over 2000 years. Do you really think this has anything to do with Muslims just not liking us cause we're Christians? No, it's because we have been the stalwart supporter Israel who they see as their modern day oppressor. The situation has escalated dramatically when some one managed to twist the tragedy of 911 into an opportunity to invade Iraq.
    power without lumber, raciness without weediness

A big man never looks down on others.... instead, he is someone to look up to.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Bless those who persecute you

Do not point out the speck in you brothers eye when there is a plank in yours.

These are how I would go about putting the genie in the bottle. I would get back, let countries govern themselves and be responsible for what we have here. I would not fund al Qaeda in one region and fight it in another. I would not take sides in a conflict where both sides are wrong. I would not support any more troops overseas and I would end drone strikes on suspected terrorists. The wrongs committed by the west on the Middle East are shameful and we should pack up and go home. 12 years later I fear my government more than terrorists

are you entertained, stan? JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift