The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Israel

I don't know about all you guys are saying, but Syria provided weapons (which include IED's) to forces fighting the US in Iraq during the war. They would provide soldiers dressed as civilians to attack out military. They are getting what they deserve. It is a shame we haven't seen the same mess happen in Iran yet. I think it is immoral of us not to provide those rebels with weapons. Those weapons should include shoulder fired anti-air missles. The U.S. ought to also be enforcing a no fly zone over the country. As far as the boots on the ground, those rebels can fight their own fight, but we should be putting them on a level playing field.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Yeah, after four or five days on the road and missing most of this, I gotta admit that bat-crap crazy is entertaining....you? JD
    Was it as nice for you as it was us???
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by blind ambition View Post
    .......Owing to an enormous sense of collective guilt .....
    ...forced through acts of Jewish terrorism and US influence to turn over Palestine to the wave of Jewish Exodus..........

the Palestinians who had lived in the region through the Roman Empire the Byzantine Empire the Babylonian, the Turkish and finally the British Empire saw their liberty snatched away from them by European Jews representing a claim to ownership which was stale dated by over 2000 years.....
    and not all of these Palestinians are Muslim, Some are actualy Roman Catholic.
    I look at them and see our Native Americans in many ways.
    in hindsight,
    when the world in it's collective giult gave the Jews a homeland.
    Florida would have been a better choice.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Was it as nice for you as it was us???
    Yes and no.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    I know in Syria there is a good number of Coptic Christians who are being martyred by the rebels for not supporting them. I was also an acquaintance(sp?) with a Palestinian Christian whose parents were murdered by Israeli forces in his home as a child. The more I learn about the middle east, the more I want our military, money, and country to stay out of there. I'll just go visit it in the new heavens and new earth.

and huntinman, we kill more of them than they do of us. does that make us better or them worse or vice versa? no it makes both of us screwed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    I look at them and see our Native Americans in many ways.
    in hindsight,
    when the world in it's collective giult gave the Jews a homeland.
    Florida would have been a better choice.
    Why not Vermont?
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    I know in Syria there is a good number of Coptic Christians who are being martyred by the rebels for not supporting them. I was also an acquaintance(sp?) with a Palestinian Christian whose parents were murdered by Israeli forces in his home as a child. The more I learn about the middle east, the more I want our military, money, and country to stay out of there. I'll just go visit it in the new heavens and new earth.

and huntinman, we kill more of them than they do of us. does that make us better or them worse or vice versa? no it makes both of us screwed up.
    The purpose of war is to kill the enemy... We have forgotten that purpose and have people with your mindset running the DoD and State Dept, I'm afraid... That's getting a lot more of our guys killed. With our training, equipment, and superior fighting force we shouldn't be losing many at all to the barbarians. Unfortunately we don't let actual fighters lead the battles anymore.
    Bill Davis

It should not be a mystery as to why Islam hates us.

-where were the crusades fought? were these people muslims?
    -the Israelis are their enemies. are we allied with them or are we allied with the muslims?
    -where was the first gulf war fought? were these people muslims?
    -where was the second gulf war fought? were these people muslims
    -where is the war in Afghanistan being fought? are these people muslims?

Let me make it clear that I have no love (or sympathy ) for muslim extremists. I would as soon shoot them as look at them.
    BUT it should be clear to anyone with a functioning brain WHY they hate us. For centuries, Christians and Jews have been invading their countries and killing them as well as imposing trade war against their economies thru economic sanctions.
    That certainly would be enough for most people to develop a deep hatred.-Paul
    Last edited by paul young; 05-07-2013 at 08:28 AM.
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Why not Vermont?
    'cause we never had a hanging chad issue ! !
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Down East Labs 217 View Post

As for GW's two wars. I guess the twin towers, the field in PA and the pentagon happened a long time ago therefore it should be forgotten. What's the point anyways. You may not like GW but how many terrorist attacks happened on US soil while he was President. Thats right he took the war to them, not sit back and lob a couple cruise missiles and call it a day like, can't keep his pants up Clinton, did.

If Clinton had acted while he was in office in a swift, unmistakable way and removed the head of the fools when they attacked the Cole, or the embassies in Africa or a number of other incidences GW would not have had to come out shooting. Instead Clintons foreign policy was a shambles because he failed to keep his pants up. This gave the world the opinion he was only acting to shift the focus off his personal problems.

Is is obvious a certain amount of Americans no longer have the stomach to protect their freedom. Surprise, freedom is not cheap and sometimes it cost lives. That Sir is the price of freedom. The price our hero's willing face everyday so arm chair quarterbacks can sit in the comfort of their house and make statements like you did.

Done with my rant

Richard
    So as not to be completely contrarian I will agree with your definition of your post as being a "RANT"

To be clear I for one do not think the twin towers, the field in Pa, or the Pentagon attacks should be forgotten, regardless of how long ago they occurred. Now please Richard tell us what in the hell that had to do with the two wars that GW started. It is a well known fact that the perpetrators and planners of those attacks were predominantly Saudi Arabian. It was also well known that Osama Bin Laden and his group were hated by Saddam Huissein, and therefore Iraq would have been the last place on earth to find them.
    So what type of swift decisive action did your boy GW take in response to those attacks? I do recall your boy GW strolling across the White House lawn the next day holding hands and cavorting with the relatives and countrymen of Bin Laden; and seeing to it that they had safe passage back home at a time when air travel was closed to US citizens. I for one was less than impressed if that is what you refer to as "taking the war to them"

He then started a,{sadly successful} lo0bbying campaign of lies and misinformation as to how Iraq was to be held responsible and that they had WMD's. In spite of the falsehood of these claims he started a war with Iraq. When some questioned his lies they responded by getting French fries relabelled "FREEDOM FRIES" and outing a journalists CIA agent wife. He started smear campaigns, questioning the patriotism of people like Max Cleland. MR Cleland was a Congressman who left his arms and legs in SE Asia fighting for the USA. He also gave a pardon to those convicted for outing the CIA agent. Is that what you mean when you talk of "taking the war to them"?
    The "intellegence gatherers" in his administration that led this lobbying campaign are the same ones who ignored actionable intelligence about the suspicious Arab bombers taking flight lessons in Ariz. They were informed that the instructors felt it was kinda funny nthat they didn't want to learn how to land a plane. That would seem to me to be some info that should of been followed up on; and could have prevented the whole fiasco. Yet you think he was "taking the war to them"

Your boy GW then "took the war to them" in Afghanistan. The reason being that he had to get Bin Laden. Did we get Bin Laden on GW's watch?

As for the premise that GW took the war to them in order to make us safe from terrorists; how do you think that has gone? I remember Robert Gates {GW's Secy of Defense} being asked if he felt we were more or less safe from terrorists as a result of these two wars GW started. His reply was very short and simple. He said that because of the two wars GW started we were LESS safe from terrorists. I gotta believe he is in a better position to know than are you or I. So tell me once again why GW is credited with being a patriot who "protected" us from terrorists

Then you state "You may not like GW but how many terrorist attacks happenned on US soil while he was president?" I was dumbfounded that you asked that. Did you forget the twin towers, the field in PA and the Pentagon you referred to. I believe those three incidents would be the top 3 terrorist attacks ever on the USA and they all occurred on his watch!!!! You are gonna have to explain to me once again how he gets credit for protecting the homeland.

You go on to point out Clintons failure in protecting US embassies. I suppose you are also outraged like most Americans on the Bhengazi embassy attack and the tragic loss of 4 American lives also. I believe there were as many as 12 attacks on US embassies resulting in the deaths of 60 American lives. Is that further evidence of GW's ability to "take the war to them" and keep us safe from terrorism?