The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 62

Thread: Israel

  1. #21
    Senior Member roseberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Alabama
    Posts
    1,922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    All GW's/Cheney's policy did was cost the USA thousands of military lives, billions in treasure and they grew Islamic terror by leaps and bounds!
    questioning two wars with faulty intel, i can allow.
    questioning iraq's relationship with twin towers/911, i can allow.
    questioning undocumented expectations that "all peoples want liberation and freedom", i can allow.

    but franco my friend you are an observant, logical and thinking man. i submit that: if islam is growing worldwide. then, islamic terror is growing worldwide. islamic terror needs no pretense of presidential policy in order to grow. reagan, bush, clinton, bush, obama......whatever, whoever matters not.

    had the U.S. never invaded iraq or afganistan someone would have insulted the profit or desecrated a holy book or spilled mountain dew on a prayer rug. the hate for us is what it is. there is not one more muslim terrorist today than there would have been had we never sent the first troop to the middle east, they would have just indoctrinated and recruited with a different sermon.

    they are muslims, they already have their reason! is anyone listening to me?
    Last edited by roseberry; 05-06-2013 at 02:08 PM.
    john mccallie

  2. #22
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    questioning two wars with faulty intel, i can allow.
    questioning iraq's relationship with twin towers/911, i can allow.
    questioning undocumented expectations that "all peoples want liberation and freedom", i can allow.

    but franco my friend you are an observant, logical and thinking man. i submit that: if islam is growing worldwide. then, islamic terror is growing worldwide. islamic terror needs no pretense of presidential policy in order to grow. reagan, bush, clinton, bush, obama......whatever, whoever matters not.

    had the U.S. never invaded iraq or afganistan someone would have insulted the profit or desecrated a holy book or spilled mountain dew on a prayer rug. the hate for us is what it is. there is not one more muslim terrorist today than there would have been had we never sent the first troop to the middle east, they would have just indoctrinated and recruited with a different sermon.

    they are muslims they already have their reason! is anyone listening to me?
    Yes, just not the ones that need to!
    Stan b & Elvis

  3. #23
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    6,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    questioning two wars with faulty intel, i can allow.
    questioning iraq's relationship with twin towers/911, i can allow.
    questioning undocumented expectations that "all peoples want liberation and freedom", i can allow.

    but franco my friend you are an observant, logical and thinking man. i submit that: if islam is growing worldwide. then, islamic terror is growing worldwide. islamic terror needs no pretense of presidential policy in order to grow. reagan, bush, clinton, bush, obama......whatever, whoever matters not.

    had the U.S. never invaded iraq or afganistan someone would have insulted the profit or desecrated a holy book or spilled mountain dew on a prayer rug. the hate for us is what it is. there is not one more muslim terrorist today than there would have been had we never sent the first troop to the middle east, they would have just indoctrinated and recruited with a different sermon.

    they are muslims, they already have their reason! is anyone listening to me?


    Are you facing East?

    Just kidding, right on the money...
    Bill Davis

  4. #24
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    questioning two wars with faulty intel, i can allow.
    questioning iraq's relationship with twin towers/911, i can allow.
    questioning undocumented expectations that "all peoples want liberation and freedom", i can allow.

    but franco my friend you are an observant, logical and thinking man. i submit that: if islam is growing worldwide. then, islamic terror is growing worldwide. islamic terror needs no pretense of presidential policy in order to grow. reagan, bush, clinton, bush, obama......whatever, whoever matters not.

    had the U.S. never invaded iraq or afganistan someone would have insulted the profit or desecrated a holy book or spilled mountain dew on a prayer rug. the hate for us is what it is. there is not one more muslim terrorist today than there would have been had we never sent the first troop to the middle east, they would have just indoctrinated and recruited with a different sermon.

    they are muslims, they already have their reason! is anyone listening to me?



    Not only is this not factual a little history lesson is in order.


    The very first terrorist bomb to ignite in the middleeast was set by a Zionist group known as the Irgun. Their bomb killed 100 visitors to the King David Hotel around 1946-47. They had planted another bomb frequented by Muslims but the bomb attempt was foiled by the Israel Haganah.

    The King David Hotel bombing was the beginning of hostilites between the Isrealis and the Muslims of the area. It wasn't until the USA got involved that the entire region turned against our Foreign Policy first, then America itself.

    I blame our intrusive Foreign Policy, picking the wrong people to support in the Muslim countries and our total disregard for their side of the story for the situation today. The 911 attackes were due to the growing American presents in that region. They see us as the insurgent and that we stand in the way of peace.

    The NeoCons do a great job of keeping many Americans paranoid and fearful. By doing so, it allows them to funnel billions to military contractors which in turn send huge campaign contributions to those politicians. The main reason for our 17 TRILLION Deficit is because of the military lobby and the people that are managed by that fear. Al one has to do is look at the difference between our Defense spending and our military spending. Just look at the evidence here on POTUS! We have posters advocationing war with Iran, bombing Syria and still refuse to see the huge mistake we made in invading Iraq.

    BTW, the Israelis did not seek LBJ's approval during the 6 Day War. They didn't seek Nixon's approval in the Yom Kippur War of 72. They didn't seek GW Bush's approval in 06 when they invaded Lebanon. So, not seeking our approval over the weekend is nothing new.
    Last edited by Franco; 05-06-2013 at 03:05 PM.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

  5. #25
    Senior Member coachmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    862

    Default

    The only problem with your argument Franco is that Islamic terrorists don't just have it in for us unless you are directing your comments to our involvement in Iraq specifically. It's the Islamic fanatics vs. the world. You're not saying the rest of the world is at fault are you? I realize this is not exactly in line with the posts but it is to show the mind set of the radicals we face.

  6. #26
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,437

    Default

    got news for you Franco, the hostility between the Jews and the Muslims has been going on since basically the beginning of time....
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  7. #27
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coachmo View Post
    The only problem with your argument Franco is that Islamic terrorists don't just have it in for us unless you are directing your comments to our involvement in Iraq specifically. It's the Islamic fanatics vs. the world. You're not saying the rest of the world is at fault are you? I realize this is not exactly in line with the posts but it is to show the mind set of the radicals we face.
    I think one needs to ask the question, why are they at war with the west?

    How would you feel if Iran conducted military manuvers off the Virginia coast? Or, what if they put their own puppets as out head of state? I'm not suggesting they are blameless! It is just that our Foreign Policy has been so bad that we have fanned the flames as well as provided the fuel for the fire.

    I said years ago on the RTF that we should have never stopped Isreal from pacifying the region. They only reason we idn't let them was because the USSR did a great job of scaring LBJ in 1967. They were able to do so because we were mired in another war we should have never been involed in, Vietnam. Actions have consequences and much of our actions are not well thought out and more reactionary in nature. We need a guiding principle with our Foreign Policy, one we haven't had since the end of WW2.
    Last edited by Franco; 05-06-2013 at 03:35 PM.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    423

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    questioning two wars with faulty intel, i can allow.
    questioning iraq's relationship with twin towers/911, i can allow.
    questioning undocumented expectations that "all peoples want liberation and freedom", i can allow.

    but franco my friend you are an observant, logical and thinking man. i submit that: if islam is growing worldwide. then, islamic terror is growing worldwide. islamic terror needs no pretense of presidential policy in order to grow. reagan, bush, clinton, bush, obama......whatever, whoever matters not.

    had the U.S. never invaded iraq or afganistan someone would have insulted the profit or desecrated a holy book or spilled mountain dew on a prayer rug. the hate for us is what it is. there is not one more muslim terrorist today than there would have been had we never sent the first troop to the middle east, they would have just indoctrinated and recruited with a different sermon.

    they are muslims, they already have their reason! is anyone listening to me?
    I would encourage you to do a little extra reading on western influence in the middle east. The roots of middle east terrorism go back to imperial Britain and we joined up with their imperial mindset in the fifties. Since then we have been stoking the fire of radical Islam with every moderate leader we help overthrow (Iran, Iraq, Libya, and coming soon Syria)

  9. #29
    Senior Member roseberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Alabama
    Posts
    1,922

    Default

    let me see if i got this straight,

    historically imams begin spewing hatred and supporting the bombing innocents in 1946 or '47(correct me if i am wrong again please) and their cause grows worlwide because of U.S. policy in the mid east region.

    i start spewing a little hatred.........and instead of my cause growing worldwide(or even on a dog forum) i get a history lesson from a libertarian.

    this and "precision weaponry" is why our country will never win another war!
    john mccallie

  10. #30
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    got news for you Franco, the hostility between the Jews and the Muslims has been going on since basically the beginning of time....
    Got the news long ago and this is just too simplistic it is not even relevent to the situtaion today. I'm well aware of the history of the area back to the days when the Isrealites fought with the Philisteens. All over the globe, throughtout history there have been regional conflicts. The French vs the English, the Koreans and the Japaneese, the Fins and the Russians etc.

    What we are seeing today is a results of our policy, especially over the last 25 years. We have grown Islamic terror by leaps and bounds because we have our nose stuck in a place where it doesn't belong! Our invasion of Iraq just made it that much worse.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •