The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Israel

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Turner View Post
    The Persians freed the Jews from The Babylonian Captivity. The diaspora of the Jews, the fall of the Byzatine Empire and the spread of the Muslim Empire are, very much, related. I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned The Crusades as an influencing factor for extremism in Islam.
    Brad I didn't wish to be too precise in detailing 2000years of history and just intended a quick overview. While you may still be correct in making the assertion above, this web site on Jewish history does credit the start of the Diaspora with the Babylonian invasion: http://www.myjewishlearning.com/hist...he_Globe.shtml.

I do not give too much credit to the Crusades for either sides' animosity toward the other, I see the post Turkoman Empire collapse as having created a more memorable and visceral exploitation and subjugation of the political and financial aspirations of the region. One only need look at modern day France and Germany to see how quickly death and destruction can be forgiven if waring societies can benefit from peace.
    power without lumber, raciness without weediness

A big man never looks down on others.... instead, he is someone to look up to.

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    I know in Syria there is a good number of Coptic Christians who are being martyred by the rebels for not supporting them. I was also an acquaintance(sp?) with a Palestinian Christian whose parents were murdered by Israeli forces in his home as a child. The more I learn about the middle east, the more I want our military, money, and country to stay out of there. I'll just go visit it in the new heavens and new earth.

and huntinman, we kill more of them than they do of us. does that make us better or them worse or vice versa? no it makes both of us screwed up.
    Quite right; Christians and Muslims as well as Jews have lived together in the region for Centuries, and while the Muslim population always outnumbered the other religious groups, they did not dispute among themselves along religious lines as they were equally subjugated by Imperial masters. None of the political borders in the region today bear any correlation to ethnicity, language or religion, they are the product of division and negotiation between the French and British at the end of the First World War.

I am no apologist for any extremist group but in order to solve a problem one has to be aware of it's genus and complexity.
    power without lumber, raciness without weediness

A big man never looks down on others.... instead, he is someone to look up to.