The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: AKC push to ban e-collars

Default AKC push to ban e-collars

The VP of AKC was on Fox and Friends this morning talking about how bad e-collars are. There was a guy trying to talk about the benefits of the e-collar but he was for the most part talked over. Get ready folks.....it's coming.

Quote Originally Posted by DonBrou View Post
    The VP of AKC was on Fox and Friends this morning talking about how bad e-collars are. There was a guy trying to talk about the benefits of the e-collar but he was for the most part talked over. Get ready folks.....it's coming.
    Who is this fellow! Do you have a link to that report?
    Last edited by Mary Lynn Metras; 09-13-2014 at 08:04 AM.
    HRCH Scaupgetters Tarnation QAA
    http://www.huntinglabpedigree.com/pedigree.asp?id=83047
    HR Blackie 2 CGN, WCI
    Metras's Hashtag Mickey
    http://www.huntinglabpedigree.com/pedigree.asp?id=83051

"Knowing how important right timing is in accomplishing right actions"
    Uncle Ray

Saw it. Terrible, the freaking VICE PRESIDENT of the AKC calling them shock collars, talking about how treat training is better, and I'm pretty sure she said several National champions have been trained without it. I don't know about other breeds but I'm not sure a single NFC has been trained in the last 20 years without one?
    "The thing I admire about the rat tail is that it takes commitment. It's not like one day you just decide you want one, you have to grow out that bad boy and you have to repeatedly convince the hairdresser to trust you because it's a great idea."

Quote Originally Posted by achiro View Post
    Saw it. Terrible, the freaking VICE PRESIDENT of the AKC calling them shock collars, talking about how treat training is better, and I'm pretty sure she said several National champions have been trained without it. I don't know about other breeds but I'm not sure a single NFC has been trained in the last 20 years without one?

More than 20 years..........

let AKC know they are wrong.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by achiro View Post
    Make that 40 years

Searched AKC Website.....

E-mail is........communications@akc.org

sent concerns mostly along the lines of if this was a "foot in mouth" issue.
    Jim Boyer www.kwicklabs.com
    KwickLabs Fountain of Youth - Pounce
    MPR UH HRCH Kwick Taffey of Joemac's MH
    HR Kwick Daisy's Spirit Keeper SH
    Kwick Kooly Dew It Allstar SH
    HR Kwick Draw McGraw SH (June, 2007 - May, 2014)

​Maybe emailing Jerry Mann is the way to proceed here.

Quote Originally Posted by EdA View Post
    Make that 40 years
    It was a conservative guess but I was WAY off. LOL
    "The thing I admire about the rat tail is that it takes commitment. It's not like one day you just decide you want one, you have to grow out that bad boy and you have to repeatedly convince the hairdresser to trust you because it's a great idea."

I didn't see the interview but this doesn't surprise me at all. It's the direction our American society has been going in for years now which is that if there is anything that might cause an ounce of pain even if it is meant for good then it is bad and wrong...in a nutshell, it's just another part of the "wussification of America". Several years ago I was talking about my dog and the e-collar with an employee and she told me how mean it was for me to use it. I told her the story we've all heard about how she was right, and that I should let her only obey me whenever she felt like it so the next time she was running toward the street she could run right through my call and get killed. She changed her mind really quickly after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn Moore View Post
    ​Maybe emailing Jerry Mann is the way to proceed here.
    I wouldn't waste time with that, Performance Events probably horrified. If you are outraged enough to respond write a personal letter to the President of The American Kennel Club rationally detailing the problem and the potential damage to the bottom line at AKC. Up next the use of live game, it's coming!