The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Charles Berry- American Hero

Default Charles Berry- American Hero

This guy is as real as it gets. He helped Amanda Berry escape the perverts in Cleveland with the other two women and who knows how many kids...

If he had not responded to her cries for help, who knows how much longer those women would have remained imprisoned in that house?

Way to go Charles!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gcLSI3oyqhs
    Bill Davis

He did a good thing for sure. Have you seen the article that says neighbors had called the cops because of leashed women in the backyard naked? Or that they had reported screams from the house before? It wasn't Mr Ramsey who said this as we know he said the neighbor was normal but apparently someone who lived behind the kidnapper.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Glavich View Post
    He did a good thing for sure. Have you seen the article that says neighbors had called the cops because of leashed women in the backyard naked? Or that they had reported screams from the house before? It wasn't Mr Ramsey who said this as we know he said the neighbor was normal but apparently someone who lived behind the kidnapper.
    Read or heard that. Different stories floating around on the net of course. One story says only one child with the women other story says more than that. One story says that there had been at least 5 pregnancies among the three women ( only one child with the group though ) but just where this info came from I have no idea. This is like the game we played as children...."Gossip" I believe was the name of that game.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

I'm astounded by this story in so many ways. Just think, in 10 years, how many maintenace/service workers would have been to the house.....at least 40 water meter readings and probably between 60-120 electric meter readings, trash pick-ups, mail delivery to "Occupant"....etc.

Chances are, the police were called on anonymous calls so they didn't have anyone to follow-up with about the details of the call.

It's all as if for 10 years there was a hole in the landscape at that address sort of like in the movie "The Shadow".
    Eric

WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy")
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH ("Muse")
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie")
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    Struan's Driving Us Crazy ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge

Charles Berry?

The stories Ive heard of say the cheeseburger eating Ohio kidnapper hero was named Ramsey.

Assuming we are talking about the same case, Ive gotta agree that whatever his name is, he acted heroically.
    The interviews I have seen of him he seems to be quite a colorful character also
    Last edited by mjh345; 05-08-2013 at 12:05 PM.

Latest story is that there may have been another woman in that house at one time.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

It's Ramsey... Just a slip on my part.
    Bill Davis

this guy has become an internet sensation based on those TV interviews, and rightfully so.
    That's my boy "Blue"!!!! Flyin High in the Passenger Side x Katie May of Belgrade

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    It's Ramsey... Just a slip on my part.

Regardless of name, he needs a little time in the Dentist chair. Good for him for stepping up!!! But it is truly amazing what can go on in plain sight, in a city.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!