The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: IRS Targeting Conservative Groups... This is America in 2013?

Y'all don't understand, the IRS said they were sorry......so it's all good!

BTW-I am impressed with the IRS to come forward on their own!!!!
    Last edited by road kill; 05-13-2013 at 06:04 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by helencalif View Post
    I guess I jumped to conclusions thinking that Obama (i.e. Obama administration) was telling folks in the IRS what to do. I guess the IRS career personnel decided to harass and intimidate these organizations all on their own without someone telling them to do this.

Yep, definitely needs to be investigated to see who were involved at the IRS.
    and that seems to be the spin on the morn. Musta been some nameless, faceless middle of the chain feller. I beet it is the same person who made the "Stand Down" phone call!!! This invisible unknown is ripping apart poor Mr. Obama's presidency. Gosh, if only we had a more transparent government. Then we could see who is behind the Great and Powerfull "O"!!......... or not
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

The IRS is probably monitoring message boards like POTUS Place looking for key words like Constitution, smaller government, abolish the IRS, concealed carry, etc. Only a few are safe from them on here ; ).

According to the spokesperson for the Tea Party Patriots, in an interview, the IRS requested information about the content of posts members made on the Tea Party Patriots Facebook account as part of the investigation.

Maybe we should all go back to handles instead of our real names when posting, lest we risk being targeted by some government entity.
    Last edited by Sabireley; 05-13-2013 at 07:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post

Smart move on the IRS's part - but they knew they were going to get hung - IMO, it's a great opportunity to put a flat tax in place & eliminate a majority of that department.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post

Well, uh, they did not exactly come forward on their own. The tax exempt division has been under investigation for a year by an Inspector General due to complaints since 2011. The report of that investigation is due to be released next week or soon. Lerner was at a conference of the American Bar Assn. and was asked about the report and if it was true that organizations had been targeted.

That's how the acknowledgment and off-hand apology was made. How she worded her response is interesting. She said organizations had been targeted, but that it was not intentional.

Not intentional?
    Last edited by helencalif; 05-13-2013 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by helencalif View Post
    Well, uh, they did not exactly come forward on their own. The tax exempt division has been under investigation for a year by an Inspector General due to complaints since 2011. The report of that investigation is due to be released next week or soon. Lerner was speaking at some sort of meeting and was asked about the report and if it was true that organizations had been targeted.

That's how the acknowledgment and off-hand apology was made. How she worded her response is interesting. She said organizations had been targeted, but that it was not intentional.

Not intentional?
    Evidently you are new here and havn't read many of my posts (which I don't blame you).

Read my new thread............

BTW--This is spin and crisis management, that's how these people roll.
    Last edited by road kill; 05-13-2013 at 08:43 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

if we all keep typing like libertairians Franco is gonna need CPR.
    and I don't know what will be worse for him. The near death part
    or one of us lockin' lips with him and huffin'
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

BTW--Is this the same IRS that will be in charge of Obama care?

Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    if we all keep typing like libertairians Franco is gonna need CPR.
    and I don't know what will be worse for him. The near death part
    or one of us lockin' lips with him and huffin'
    There are some closet Libertarians on RTF, they just can't see past the Dems and Repubs right now. I am all for shutting down the IRS, firing all their employees without any parachutes and returning the massive savings to the most abused group in this country. The American tax payer!
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345