The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: IRS Targeting Conservative Groups... This is America in 2013?

Latest news is that IRS gave out non-public info on at least 9 applications to a liberal news group! That group did use the info on 6 of those application, redacting identifying info, and that progressive news group has now gone public on the IRS' release of that confidential info.

So, not only did they ask for info on these groups that they had no right to ask for ... they ALSO gave that info to someone to use against those groups.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

From the Daily Caller:
    [QUOTE][Lois Lerner, the senior IRS official at the center of the decision to target tea party groups for burdensome tax scrutiny, signed paperwork granting tax-exempt status to the Barack H. Obama Foundation, a shady charity headed by the president’s half-brother that operated illegally for years.

According to the organization’s filings, Lerner approved the foundation’s tax status within a month of filing, an unprecedented timeline that stands in stark contrast to conservative organizations that have been waiting for more than three years, in some cases, for approval.

Lerner also appears to have broken with the norms of tax-exemption approval by granting retroactive tax-exempt status to Malik Obama’s organization.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/05/14/ir...#ixzz2TKL7JYhH
    /QUOTE]
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Acting IRS commisioner resigns, Obama is mad as hell. The first reaction is to give him credit for acting out on the abomination. I don't like the man, but his strategy here is good, to the millions of sheep, his outrage and the commisioner resigning will be enough to satisfy them.

Of course this has been going on long before the acting commissioner!
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Of course, my only point was that for the sheep, Obama comes out looking good.

South Side of Chicago

That's all the people need to know!
    Stan b & Elvis

Evidently, the IRS also targeted pro-life groups:
    The representative was telling me I had to provide information on all aspects of abortion, I couldn’t just educate the church from the pro-life perspective. Every time I pressed her on this issue and asked her to clarify her position, she would state that it wasn’t what she was saying, and then, she would repeat it almost the same way.Eventually, the IRS agent told Shinn that his organization didn’t qualify for tax-exempt status because Shinn had stated that the group did less than 5% political activity. She also complained, falsely, that the website had links to political advocacy groups and activities. She (or someone else at the IRS) even – voluntarily – rewrote the groups proposed bylaws to include political action. All of it was intended to force Shinn to advocate abortion. As Shinn told WND
    She told me … they were going to deny my application. She did get nervous though in the end when I pressed her that I wanted specific information about why I had to educate from a pro-abortion perspective not just pro-life. I explained to her that the Pro-Life Action League even has pro-life in their title and they certainly don’t teach pro-abortion topics and they are still 501(c)(3). I also told her that Planned Parenthood does not teach about pro-life issues yet they are also still a 501(c)(3).
    And while they were in the midst of that, they "stole" 60 million medical records, including those of every judge in the state of California.

I think it was also kind of cute that Lerner said, in one of the Congressional interviews, "I'm not very good at math."
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

http://nation.foxnews.com/irs-target...down-tea-party

Looks like some Dem Senators had a hand in "directing" the IRS about what it should be doing WRT demands on certain groups. Not just the WH involved here ... more than that. This article includes a letter sent to the IRS about this matter and signed by several Senators.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    http://nation.foxnews.com/irs-target...down-tea-party

Looks like some Dem Senators had a hand in "directing" the IRS about what it should be doing WRT demands on certain groups. Not just the WH involved here ... more than that. This article includes a letter sent to the IRS about this matter and signed by several Senators.
    That weasel Carl Levin was at the head of the line.
    Bill Davis

This story really pisses me off. Im predisposed to opposing anything the IRS does, however this is an example of govt at its worst. Unfortunately it is becoming more and more commonplace and is almost considered SOP it seems in govt circles.
    The idea of the govt being a public servant of the governed is nothing but a memory.

We have nothing but partisan party politics and crony capitalism

Who wants to bet that the party's responsible for this BS serve no hard time in prison?