The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: IRS Targeting Conservative Groups... This is America in 2013?

This is the only article I have read. Where did you guys hear about blaming it on Bush? If the above is at all accurate, the bad move was made by IRS career employees, and pointed out by a director. Who gives a dern who appointed her? Its still wrong, and I am definitely not a tea partier.
    Last edited by 2tall; 05-11-2013 at 12:09 PM.
    Carol,
    Owned and handled by Cruisin' with Indiana Jones, JH
    Alternate Handler: Westwind Buffalo Soldier
    Apprentice Handler: Snake River Medicine Man, JH
    http://newhoperetrievers.com

I guess I jumped to conclusions thinking that Obama (i.e. Obama administration) was telling folks in the IRS what to do. I guess the IRS career personnel decided to harass and intimidate these organizations all on their own without someone telling them to do this.

Yep, definitely needs to be investigated to see who were involved at the IRS.

Quote Originally Posted by 2tall View Post
    Where did you guys hear about blaming it on Bush.

this a.m. Juan Williams on the morning news telling the government side of the tale.
    I think the 7:30 half hour my time. don't you watch fox news?
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

I don't watch TV at all. My news comes from online publications from the Wall St. Journal to the NY Times and The Beaufort Gazette! (wish Mad Magazine was still out there) I try to read both sides whenever possible, and usually find the truth somewhere within both.
    Carol,

I don't watch TV at all. My news comes from online publications.

folks could have said that 40 years ago when there was 3 channels and the tv was a box with a fish bowl atop.
    but with all the hand heald and lap top and tv options YOU Carol do watch tv. and to say you do not is well..........?
    how are you reading this rtf thread? and with it you can click you tube and netflix and hulu. any news source and any referance book. and you can do it from your work your car your field trial gallery. you watch "TV" more now than any time in your life..... and deny it weekly here on rtf, that you read on your TV!!!
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

It seems that the guy at the top, the Bush appointee, (serving a 6-yr term) didn't know what was going on down-line.

Similar, it seems to Dempsey with Benghazi ... Dempsey at the top of the food chain had testimony that was not in line with what Gibson got at the bottom of the chain.

Would there be a reason that the lower-level people wouldn't want to tell the Bush appointee what they were doing? Are the IRS employees also members of the Federal Employees Union?

This may be a good example of how govt, and the various agencies, have gotten too large to keep track of what is really going on. Not surprising such monstrous size and reach would result in waste, fraud and abuse.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

The IRS targeting tea party and other conservative groups (also pro-Israel and Jewish organizations, it appears) has been under investigation for almost a year by an Inspector General. A report with the findings of the investgation is due out soon. Possibly this is why Lerner, the director at the IRS in charge of the exempt organizations department, acknowledged this was happening and to offer an apology.

The IRS is saying it was a "local" situation and that only low level employees were involved in targeting conservative organizations. It will be interesting to see what the Inspector General has to say about that.

A pro-Israel organization has sued the IRS for targeting them and other Jewish organizations. That goes to court in July. I wonder how the IRS will explain targeting these organizations.

I would like to know what the low level IRS employees planned to do with the names of the donors to the organizations they targeted. Why ask for donor names other than to then target them as individuals?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    folks could have said that 40 years ago when there was 3 channels and the tv was a box with a fish bowl atop.
    but with all the hand heald and lap top and tv options YOU Carol do watch tv. and to say you do not is well..........?
    how are you reading this rtf thread? and with it you can click you tube and netflix and hulu. any news source and any referance book. and you can do it from your work your car your field trial gallery. you watch "TV" more now than any time in your life..... and deny it weekly here on rtf, that you read on your TV!!!
    Thats ridiculous Ken. By saying I do not watch TV does not mean I do not look at a lighted screen! I simply do not watch any broadcast, cable or network programming. My Mac is not a TV that I read RTF on. It is simply a computer that connects to the web. Are you saying stuff you look at on the web is the same as staring at programmed info? Have not had cable, satellite or any kind of commercial television in over 5 years. I like it that way. I can read whatever "papers" I want to on the web and find both sides of most issues.
    Carol,

Thats ridiculous Ken. By saying I do not watch TV does not mean I do not look at a lighted screen! I simply do not watch any broadcast, cable or network programming. My Mac is not a TV that I read RTF on. It is simply a computer that connects to the web. Are you saying stuff you look at on the web is the same as staring at programmed info? Have not had cable, satellite or any kind of commercial television in over 5 years. I like it that way. I can read whatever "papers" I want to on the web and find both sides of most issues.
    Ken does have a point. TV is simply one delivery medium for information. With cable and satellite you can choose to watch shows that have the message you like. With a computer, you can choose to watch the streamed shows, news sites, or internet newspapers that have the message you like. The line is blurring between information delivery mediums. It won't be long before all programming comes over the internet and you choose what you watch, when you want to watch it.

..... My Mac is not a TV that I read RTF on. It is simply a computer that connects to the web.....

and you are a mouse click from viewing all the stuff you say you do not view. you are watching TV right now as you read this. Like I said, that line may have worked 40 years ago. Not no more. all the "bad stuff" folks talked about when kids plopped down in front of 3 black and white channels for hours is just the same as you and I now plopping down for hours in front of a screen. just we type on a keyboard instead of a TV remote the size of a pop tart box tied to the tv by a cable