The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: IRS Targeting Conservative Groups... This is America in 2013?

I pretty much watched the whole thing. The really telling thing to me was that it was known before the election by several folks high in the food chain. The IG said he'd reported it to the Deputy at Treasury in June of last year. Now...how do you suppose the revelation got delayed until now?

Also, the revelation was prompted by a planted question. I'm not certain what the basis for this was as I've seen conflicting stories that Lerner was sick of it and wanted it out to the IRS wanted it out in a controlled manner since the IG report was imminent. Some control.
    Eric

WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy")
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH ("Muse")
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie")
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    Struan's Driving Us Crazy ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge

Congressman Mike Kelly of PA today at the hearing. He was pretty darn good in his closing statement to the jackass Miller.

GOP Congressman Mike Kelly Receives Standing Ovation After He Rips IRS Commissioner | RealClearPolitics
    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...missioner.html
    Bill Davis

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...l_america.html
    This video is also very directed at Miller. From TX Congressman Kevin Brady. Once the IRS flagged the group for their non-profit application, in Brady's example the individual also received visits from the FBI, was audited on her personal and business returns, as well as OSHA at her business. Intimidation much?

Miller keeps saying there was no targeting. The IRS has already admitted to such targeting. This means Miller is clueless to what is going on in his agency. The details showed that the delays and intrusions were overwhelmingly directed at what appeared to be conservative groups. How could he deny targeting? The criteria for "watching" was specifically directed at groups that would be conservative leaning. This HAS to be a bunch of BS from Miller. And nobody is going to name names! Discrimination based on the first amendment HAS to be illegal in some way, doesn't it? A private citizen can be compelled to participate in a gay wedding, but an IRS employee can harass a person or group based on their political beliefs?

A govt contractor called into the Mark Levin show this evening. He laid out that preparing such questionnaires further requires computer back-up for putting the digital information into a database. This would have been a costly thing, so approval for such a large expenditure would have had to go up the chain for approval. No low-level individual worker could have created this policy. The caller was stated that this is the kind of work he does; and then was asked if he did work for the the govt, and he said he did. He said that the question the Congressmen should be asking: let us see the servers.

Miller also had to be clueless about release of confidential info by IRS, since a liberal media group already said that they received such confidential info from the IRS on at least 9 organizations that had applied for non-profit status with IRS. Since the application had not yet been approved, it was confidential.

So ... the choices are that so many department heads are terminally incompetent; or they are lying. Either choice should result in loss of their jobs (at the very least). If they're lying, they should also lose all retirement benefits they may have accrued due to their govt employment.

One group was asked how the content of their members' prayers! As Brady asked: "Is this still America?"

Also mentioned on the program was that an audit of FOI requests to another agency: 93% of liberal groups got their requests filled; 81% of conservative groups did NOT get their requests answered.

I don't think one will find Obama's fingerprints on any of this. OTOH, many of these people, it was shown, were heavy contributors to D campaigns. This should indicate that they are supporters of the administration. If they are empassioned, there would be no need to give specific orders, but simply let nature take its course.

Axelrod was already quick to add that the govt is just too big to know what's going on everywhere. Good reason for smaller govt? It also can mean that the character and integrity of those at the top of the food chain set the atmosphere for those lower down. Very much like setting a good example for your kids ... or a bad one. Whichever character example you provide, is likely to be the one your kids will adopt. That is what leaders do, too.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

The IRS should be abolished. Time for a flat tax. Hire Pay Pay or one of the credit card companies to collect it.
    Bill Davis

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/850133/posts
    A very interesting summary of the Clinton WH and "Travel-gate" ... when Hillary Clinton brought in the IRS to harass Bill Dale of the WH agency.

The venality of all of this is that, it was perfectly okay for the Clintons to replace the travel dept with their own people. For some unknown reason, Hillary did not want to make it known that she was the person making the decision or that it was purely a political favor. So, the whole thing devolved so that a perfectly okay Federal employee had a career ruined by the Hillary (primarily). Maybe Bill designated her to take care of it, but apparently neither of them wanted their fingerprints on the firings.

Makes you think how much taxpayer $ is wasted over stupidity like this ... the cost of the wages of the WH staff, IRS, FBI employees who had to devote time to this nothingness. God only knows how much more waste there is as the DC elite play these dumb games.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/850133/posts
    A very interesting summary of the Clinton WH and "Travel-gate" ... when Hillary Clinton brought in the IRS to harass Bill Dale of the WH agency.

The venality of all of this is that, it was perfectly okay for the Clintons to replace the travel dept with their own people. For some unknown reason, Hillary did not want to make it known that she was the person making the decision or that it was purely a political favor. So, the whole thing devolved so that a perfectly okay Federal employee had a career ruined by the Hillary (primarily). Maybe Bill designated her to take care of it, but apparently neither of them wanted their fingerprints on the firings.

Makes you think how much taxpayer $ is wasted over stupidity like this ... the cost of the wages of the WH staff, IRS, FBI employees who had to devote time to this nothingness. God only knows how much more waste there is as the DC elite play these dumb games.
    The problem is, in addition to wasting tons of money... They ruin many innocent people's lives in the process of their shenanigans.
    Bill Davis

Indeed, Bill, they ruined Bill Dale ... and for no reason whatever! There would have been no news at all for a new administration to replace those employees. Is Hillary some kind of psycho who gets sadistic pleasure out of torturing someone like that? Makes no sense to me.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Indeed, Bill, they ruined Bill Dale ... and for no reason whatever! There would have been no news at all for a new administration to replace those employees. Is Hillary some kind of psycho who gets sadistic pleasure out of torturing someone like that? Makes no sense to me.
    I doubt it. I just don't think people that can't do anything FOR them mean anything TO them.
    Bill Davis

One IRS story on the news... members of the FBI's terrorism unit made a visit to a TX business woman who was involved in applying for a tea party group to become tax exempt. This should be checked out to verify. If the FBI sent someone, somebody contacted the FBI to have them pay a visit. WHO was it and what was the purpose of the visit?

Quote Originally Posted by helencalif View Post
    One IRS story on the news... members of the FBI's terrorism unit made a visit to a TX business woman who was involved in applying for a tea party group to become tax exempt. This should be checked out to verify. If the FBI sent someone, somebody contacted the FBI to have them pay a visit. WHO was it and what was the purpose of the visit?
    I know the Secret Service comes under the jurisdiction of the Treasury Dept, the FBI may also be under that umbrella....but if I were to venture a guess it would be on orders from HS SEC Napolitano or from Valerie Jarrett
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"