The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Bark Collars

Default Bark Collars

I was wondering what is the best bark collar I presently have a tritronics but don't care for the push button on and off.

You can just leave the bark collar on as it will go into a rest mode when it is not moved. The one I use frequently I just leave turned on. The one I use infrequently I turn off and on as needed.
    Wayne Nutt
    Go Nutts with dog training

HRCH Patton's Parker Co. Shadow "Shadow"
    HRCH Clineline Hijacker "Jack"
    HRCH Marks a Lot Midnight Hudson, SH "Hudson"-retired
    Castile Creek's Rawhide, SH "Rowdy"

They supposedly have fixed the button on the new model made by Garmin. The bark limiter is by far the most sensitive collar on the market IMO. The Sport Dog no bark 10R is a close second in my experience.

Not a fan of the Sport Dog training models but the bark collars seem to work very well.
    FC AFC Slider/Junie

If you're currently looking for a training collar as well, you might want to look into the garmin delta sport. It has a built in bark prevention option. I haven't had the need to use it yet, but it's nice to have the combination. Although it's probably not the best bark collar on the market.
    Last edited by Rick S; 06-02-2013 at 03:33 PM.

I have used the dogtra model and have no complaints and it seems to work really well, I think its the yapperstopper.
    Rankin' Retrievers

Dogtra is the best I've found. It has a center pad that is the sensor so the collar rests more on the neck than the prongs. Many of the other ones I've tried are much harder on the dogs neck and you can choose the amount of pressure that each dog needs.

I'll tell ya witch one NOT to buy, that's the Pet safe one, piece of junk. Need to buy a second one, and instead of getting the Tri Tronics, decided to go a bit cheaper. Bad choice, doesn't even seem to phase my softer Female. Tritronics lights her right up. Needless to say , we'll be taking it back for a exchange.
    "Owned by Three AWS's"

Luke 6:38
    Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

There are things you just can't fix. Can't fix stupid, can't fix a neutered dog & you can't fix junk!

American Water Spaniel Club, AKC - Parent Club
    http://www.americanwaterspanielclub.org/

Robert "BAYDOG" Goodman