The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AFC Rockliff's Justdoit

Default AFC Rockliff's Justdoit

Anyone have a link to a picture of Nike that can post or forward along. Also interested if anyone happens to know how big (weight) he is?

Thanks,
    Tim

Just to look at him I'm guessing 75,,,,my girl may have a date with him this week if the stars line up right

Pete
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

Nike is a litter mate to Lanse Brown's dog Nora, and a full brother to Rosa...I have not seen him live but his record speaks for himself, he is the male version of his sisters...a superb marker, medium sized dog, nice looking,thick tail....I would put him on a short list of stud dogs ...if you were lucky enough to get one of the Nike x Sally pups that were recently whelped you would have gotten one of the better potential litters available
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Saw him a couple of months ago down in Niland. Very nice-looking dog and if he's 75 pounds, it's a BIG 75 pounds. Seemed to have a very nice personality and his record is pretty impressive. Some friends recently bred a HT bitch to him. The dam came from Candlewood and Mary is taking a pup from the litter. If Mary likes a breeding or a sire, I tend to pay attention.
    Matt McKenzie

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

I believe he is 80-85 pounds, I have some pictures I took last year in Oregon. I posted a head shot on huntinglabpedigree....dont have them on this computor, i will look on my xdrive, here is my Nike x Kate pup 15 months

tcchrc 075.jpg

tcchrc 070.jpg

that is him on the left at 7 weeks, on profile pic
    Last edited by Brokengunz; 05-12-2013 at 11:51 AM. Reason: added

I have trained with Nike since he was a pup. He was a little gangly when he was a baby, but he is handsome now. He probably weighs in the low 80's and he has a nice heavy coat. He has a ton of go and is very talented.

He has the same head as his sisters just a slightly larger frame...he is a good looking sonofagun..thanks for posting the pics
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

I am the friend who just whelped a litter of Nike pups bred to my MH bitch. I have a few pictures that I got from Paul Foster his owner. I will try and post them. I think Paul told me that he was about 78 pounds. I was very impressed when I saw him run in person. Mary is getting two dogs from our litter, one for herself and one for he partner in crime, Alice. We have two males available if anyone is interested. lpmitch@gmail.com
    Nike 1.jpg

Thanks, guys, for posting the Nike photos. Our Sally (bred to Nike) had only 2 puppies on April 20 -- both females. We are keeping one and the other one is going to Jim Garrison. They are now just 3 weeks old. We can say that we have two beautiful females with really nice thick coats. We anticipate that they will probably be large bitches. Sally is tall and lean. Her trial running weight is 80 lbs.; she is built just like her mom Ruby who is tall and lean and a firm 82 lbs. We anticipate our puppies from Nike have no chance to be small bitches.

If you are looking for a Nike pup, I'd say grab one from the litters on the ground now or contact Nike's owner Paul Foster to get in the know as to upcoming breedings. Don't hem and haw on your decision, make a breeding choice and get on the list.

Helen