RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Is there a club near New Hanover co. NC?

5K views 26 replies 11 participants last post by  choch2odog 
#1 ·
I live near Wilmington NC and wonder if there may be a club near me to get involved in. thanks!

#3 ·
Cape Fear Retriever club is an excellent club of folks in and around Wilmington. They are having a HT the weekend of June 1 with a D/Q on Friday, May 31 at Rocky Point. Check out Entry Express for directions and show up to help. They would welcome that and be a great resource.

#4 ·
Cape Fear has the best grounds around down there...and great members

#9 ·
google search, Cape Fear Retriever club, Lumber River Retriever club and Neuse Retriever club. It will give you contact info for each club. Neuse Retriever club is having their monthly meeting tonite in Jacksonville. All the info is on their website.

#12 ·
It's summer now but come winter find and stick to Mr Willow like glue.

#13 ·
This is good advice

#23 ·
Thank you Sir, are you refering to the event in Rocky Point?
does the club have training days or get togethers? I am asking becaulse I have a 14 week pup that I have been training using the Water Dog book, he is doing prety good (I think)he sits every time with voice or wistle, except during feeding time then hes to excited. It's kind of hard with the book becaulse I cant see excatly what he should be doing and how well he should be doing it. yesterday I started working on stay a little.
thanks for all the info and help. Ken
Lumber River as part of there monthly club trial will have a Jr. puppy (under 6 months) and Sr. puppy (to age 1). They have there monthly event this Saturday at John Thomas's grounds in Rocky Point, which is approx. 25 miles from Wilmington. It would be a great opportunity to check out the club. There are a number of members from Wilmington who are knowledgeable and would probably and may be looking for additional people for there training group.

#24 ·
Lumber River as part of there monthly club trial will have a Jr. puppy (under 6 months) and Sr. puppy (to age 1). They have there monthly event this Saturday at John Thomas's grounds in Rocky Point, which is approx. 25 miles from Wilmington. It would be a great opportunity to check out the club. There are a number of members from Wilmington who are knowledgeable and would probably and may be looking for additional people for there training group.
Do you happen to know what time? I usualy have to work on Saturday mornings.

#16 ·
Bob Willow is a pertty knowledgeable guy....;)

#19 ·
Check out East Carolina Hunting Retriever Club. Bunch of super people and lot's of training days.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.