The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Bowwowflix.com

Default Bowwowflix.com

Anyone ever heard of it or used it. It is an online training video rental site.

I've used it. It's great if they actually have what you need when you need it. And that comment is purely factual, not editorial.
    Steve Wyatt

HR Belle's Rolling Big Rig "Jimmy"

Yes, I've been renting DVDs for the past month. A few DVDs are at times out of stock but I've had plenty others to choose from.
    Becky
    Life is Good . . . Do what you like - Like what you do.

I was a member since February and they haven't had the Hillman puppy training DVD available since I joined. Like said above it would be nice to get what you want when you want it.Trying to watch the Lardy stuff in order was a pain to. I canceled my membership about two days ago. I will say I did get to watch a bunch of DVD's but the high demand stuff was usually out defeating the purpose of joining.

Eastern Shore of Maryland http://www.oakdaleretrievers.com

I wonder how the royalties work for them making money off of dvds made by Lardy, Hillman, etc. Something just doesn't sit right with me....renting a training video rather than purchasing it from the author. Making money off of someone else's work
    Vicky
    RTF Moderator
    http://www.oakdaleretrievers.com/Remembrance.html "You'll Cry"

Quote Originally Posted by Vicky Trainor View Post
    I wonder how the royalties work for them making money off of dvds made by Lardy, Hillman, etc. Something just doesn't sit right with me....renting a training video rather than purchasing it from the author. Making money off of someone else's work
    I look at it differently. I used the public library when I was a kid a lot. Same thing to my mind. Just a lending library except you pay a private library instead of using a tax supported one.
    Howard Niemi

You really gotta be careful about how high a pedestal you put your method, your accomplishments, your dog on. There's usually someone who's done more, somewhere. And they may have used a different method than you did! Chris Atkinson 2013

get your dog out and TRAIN! caryalsobrook 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Vicky Trainor View Post
    No royalties are paid. This is a problem, because trainers in different venues are now stating they won't do DVD's since people can pay someone else to watch the video, meaning making a video now becomes a money losing endeavor.

I used Bowwowflix for March and April of 2013. I started out with a 4 DVD subscription and it took 2 business days to get my selected DVDs the entire month. I went through 12 - 16 DVD's in that first month. I switched to the 1 DVD plan the second month, and it took 5 to 6 business days to get my selected DVD. I cancelled because of the increased time to receive DVD's.
    Ghostryder's Going for the Knockout "Foreman", FC AFC Ali x Go MH

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." --Ralph Waldo Emerson